Holidays- Part 2

"Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly"

-Anonymous

The birds chirped and pecked outside the window pane, making a very restless Flora Nightingale to stir awake in the near evening. She slowly lifted her heavy eyelids as the dusty smell of Hogwarts infirmary wing filled her senses. Her throat was dry from a couple of days ago when she had used her voice to shout in fear. She smacked her lips a couple of times and groaned, needing water to soothe it. Her fingers numbly grasped the white sheets underneath her as she cautiously tilted her stiff neck to the sides to find she was alone.

"Of course," she muttered to herself, her eyes close as her mind wandered to a couple of nights ago... Tom's wide eyes as he casted the killing curse. She fluttered her eyes open quickly to make the image disappear. He had held no remorse for the creature and his eyes were a fiery blue that had been highlighted by the green light that had emerged from his pointed wand.

"Even I would've stumbled over that spell," Flora spoke aloud, her right hand falling to her chest in aggravation. Of course he'd save her and then leave her in the dust. This was Tom Riddle. The confusing boy with dark hair resembling a raven black and mischievous blue glinting eyes that mesmerised anyone with fully functional eyes.

"Merlin," she muttered, as a dull pain tore through her back as she tried to sit up.

"Coming my dear!" A motherly voice spoke from the door. Grey hair accompanied the lady as she strolled in with a cart filled with trinkets and potions that bubbled with a cause. Her plump figure halted as she made her way to the bed across from her. She gripped a blue potion in a vial and her body flaunted towards Flora Nightingale.

"Sorry for the wait dear. Here's the potion," the nurse grimaced, her light green eyes meeting Flora's brown orbs. "I induced some 2 days ago so the pain should be dull mmm?" She hummed, her fingers clicking as the cork from the bottle flew out before landing on her tray filled with necessities. "Drink up," she chided, her stubby fingers pushing the vial in front of her eyes earnestly.

"Thank you," Flora spoke, before hesitantly grabbing the vibrant blue vial. Her fingers were cool on the glass as she gulped down the fluids. She coughed in response once she was finished and her hands wrapped around her neck at the dry, but fire-y sensation that followed through her indigestion system.

"Saw that coming," the Nurse chuckled, taking the vial and placing it on her tray a couple of feet away. "I'll come during mid-day to check on your binding around your back my dear. Nasty stick, eh? I've put a salve on it so it shall be fine by tomorrow evening," the Nurse muttered, her hands clasping on the handle of her cart that seemed to be associated with her very existence.

"Of course!" Flora chirped, her tone dry though.

"Stay in bed dear as the house elves will be here with your dinner soon!" The lady spoke as her plump figure walked out of the doorway with a mission. Flora played with her bracelet on her right hand that was Cedric's gift; to keep her mind off her burning throat. She heard the faint click of the Nurse's fingers as she called out,"Drink up," from around the stone corridor.

"Will do..." Flora trailed off, her eyes moving onto the glass with cool water brimmed to the top.

Light from the window reflected off the marble stone floor before bouncing into the brown earthy toned wall, making Flora want to close her eyes again. It felt like she had been in the room for a couple of years when it had only been merely a few hours. She was there, sitting, existing in a time she shouldn't have been. She leaned back and sighed, her body readjusting to create some sense of comfort.

Footsteps echoed off the walls as a figure entered the room. Flora's ears perked as the familiar click of leather shoes made Flora's energy ramp from a small 1 to a 7 instantly. But, slowly that increased as she felt his figure slump against her bed. Her fingers clenched underneath the bedsheets as her heart-rate accelerated. Silence consumed the two before Tom Riddle finally spoke.

"With that hard breathing I'm sure you're awake Flora Nightingale," Tom chortled. Flora winced at him knowing.

"Am I that easy?" she grumbled, her right eye cautiously opening to meet Tom's blue orbs.

"Yes. When you sleep it's simply soft. Not breathing in as if you've smelt food for the first time," Tom started, whilst Flora blushed. He realised  his mistake of saying that he may have watched her sleep. Tom Riddle shrugged it off, his eyes analysing Flora's brown hair that was sprawled on the bedsheets. His eyes flickered to her pale skin that made his thoughts go back to her normally tanned skin. "By that Flora, I mean I visited last night for awhile. Don't get your hopes up," he affirmitated, his body straightening at his full height as he leaned off the bed, his back facing Flora.

"Don't get your hopes up Flora," she imitated him, her voice deep and gruff due to her throat; adding an effect. Her hand lazily wacked his arse in irritation and Tom jumped before swiveling his frame around before sending her a pointed look. "Don't let that turn you on, Tom," Flora mumbled, her small smile lingering awhile before falling as she closed her eyes.

"To be truthful Flora, I can assure you that I did not get turn-" he was interrupted as Flora muttered a quick 'shut it', resulting in Tom Riddle growling. Tom hesitantly fell onto the bed on the right side of Flora and gazed up at the ceiling. He didn't want to leave, 'not just yet', he muttered to himself.

Flora softly hummed to herself, her throat altering her tone, but still decent...

"What tune are you humming to?" Tom asked, his gaze leaving the ceiling to the next bed where Flora was in a fatal position, her fingers delicately tucked under her head and her eyes set on Tom. Tom seemed entranced for a moment as he gazed at her familiar face.

"I'm not sure," she responded. Tom nodded, his eyes leaving hers forcefully as he laid sprawled on the stiff bed.

"Don't stop," he spoke, his ears perking up when she continued. Her voice held a light rasp that made him smile lazily, as his eyes lazily fluttered closed. He shook his head to himself as he had came here to comfort Flora in some type of way (although unknown to him, it had seemed his legs had made the choice as he roamed Hogwarts corridors with an agenda;to see Flora Nightingale) but, instead...

She ended up comforting him...