The Summer Solstice

"Talk is cheap my darling"

-Chet Faker

A red Saturn dress accompanied Flora's frame. Blood-red, intricate flowers were sewn into the waist line before trailing down to the tiled floor of the hall. A ruby, cherry tint complemented her lips, whilst her mahogany brown hair fell into its natural waves.

"Can I take you somewhere?" Tom asked, his hand gestured in front of her. Flora nodded in response, a curl of her lips as she placed her warm hand into his cold one. Flora's spiked alcoholic drink disappeared as she placed it down on the yellow table that was designated as the 'bin'.

"Where are you taking me?" Flora questioned curiously, her fingers readjusting in his hands.

"Somewhere brilliant..." Tom vaguely answered, his hand squeezing hers for confirmation. A smile tugged on Flora's lips as she gave one more sweep of the room with her eyes.

"As brilliant as that time in the Room of Requirement?" Flora jested with a wink.

"I require you to be quiet," Tom dead panned.

Her brown orbs met the tight lipped smile of Bellatrix: who was slightly jealous, but she tried to dissipate it: and she smiled back in return. Flora gave one last smile to Maggie who was giggling as Abraxas brought her to his chest. Tom lead her out of the hall, their frames moving from corridor to corridor.

"I hope you're not going to dispose of me," Flora joked, her quiet steps moving in sync with Tom's.

"Maybe," Tom hummed. Flora pushed into him slightly as they climbed another bunch of stairs. "Okay, okay, okay," Tom chuckled, his hand slipping out of hers to protect himself from her shoulder.

"Take it back then," Flora replied, a frown set on her features.

"I take it back... I would never think of disposing you," Tom innocently put it.

"That was easier than I thought. I thought I would have to with-hold myself from you later tonight." Flora giggled as Tom opened the wooden door to the astronomy tower.

"I am wounded..."Tom trailed off, his eyes sliding to hers momentarily.

"So what was the master-scheme of bringing me up here? Are you going to push me off?" Flora giggled, her body moving to the cobble stone wall.

"I thought we just confronted the assumption of me disposing you," Tom pointed out, his footsteps moving behind Flora. His chest touched her back, his hands hesitant as they wrapped around her waist and encircled her bodice.

"Better safe than sorry?" Flora spoke, although it came out more of a question. She closed her eyes momentarily, her body moving so her chest was now facing his. "Now..." she breathed out, her eyes opening to meet his star gazed eyes.

"I wanted to try something," Tom whispered, his hand slipping from her waist. Flora stopped his movement, her hand overlapping his.

"What's this something, Tom," Flora mumbled, goose bumps raising across her skin at the contact of his hot breath fanning her face.

"I'm not sure," he replied, his head moving down closer to Flora's.

Their lips met, his lips cold and hers warm. Despite the cold temperature outside, Tom managed to spark a fire inside Flora. She felt his lips curve into a smile against hers before he pulled away. Flora noticed that it was Summer, yet the cold atmosphere differed.

"Something like that," Tom countered, his pale skin tinting a light pink; bringing her attention back to his lips.

"Something like what? Hmm... I could use a litt-"the playful banter halted as Flora's gaze met a figure behind him. Tom caught on, his body swiftly turning around, his tall body covering Flora's.