Grief and Problems

Note: Happy Easter from Australia guys! Remember to vote, comment and follow...

"We all go a little mad sometimes..."

-The Mad Hatter

Flora was currently at the astronomy tower, her hands gripping the railing as she eyed the world below. Never in her life had she felt so small, although her step-mother was a close second. She was thinking about the memories she shared with her now deceased father... how everything was perfect before her mother died. It felt like a heavy weight was put on her, consuming her thoughts in a warp of emotions.

"Flora is that you?" A voice spoke from behind her. Flora jumped slightly and wiped her eyes quickly with the sleeves of her green sweater before turning around in a swift movement.

"Oh Sam..." she trailed off, her eyes falling onto the blonde Gryffindor.

"Hi... um. Would you mind if I joined you?" Sam asked, his green eyes analysing her red puffy face. He knew that she was crying although the cold wind had a slim chance, but he instantly put the thought down.

"Of course," she hummed, before turning around once again. Her eyes drifted to the ground below, her mind wandering to the height difference. But, she wasn't scared.

"So, we'll be heading to Hogsmeade tomorrow, eh?" Sam spoke up after a minute of silence.

"Really? I thought that was in two days time," she confusedly voiced out.

"Are you feeling well Flora? You've seemed to be out of it for the past 2 days," he asked her, his eyes carefully looking beside him where Flora was leant on the railing; her curly hair hiding her face.

"Hmm... it would be a lie if I said I wasn't," she hesitantly spoke. He nodded at her answer that deemed good enough for him. Flora frowned at him accepting her answer that easily, her mind wandering back to Tom who would be threatening for more answers by now. With his wand to her neck in anticipation.

"Flora Nightingale," Sam Lumineer sung quietly to get her attention.

"Oh... sorry," Flora blushed.

"Back on what I was saying. I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to The Shack near Hogsmeade?" he voiced out.

"The Shack?" Flora questioned.

"Sorry, I forgot you were an exchange student. The Shack is pretty much Hogsmeade, but with more drinking priorities..." he trailed off with a smirk. "My band, The Tyrants are performing tomorrow," he informed her with a smug look.

"Give me one good reason why I should go," Flora asked, her legs walking away from the ledge of the railing. Sam eyed her with curious eyes as she was now leaning on the side of the doorway.

"How about you give me one good reason you should not go?" Sam countered with a wisp of arrogance. Flora gave him a light smile, her grief subsiding for a little while.

"Touché Lumineer," she laughed, her back turning around as she started descending the stairs from the astronomy tower.

Sam stood there for a minute dumbfounded before he shook his head. He quickly smacked his face with his hand as he didn't ask her when he should meet up with her and where.

"Yes Sam?" Flora asked, her body turning to face the red faced Sam who had just stopped running. They were currently in the courtyard where students were studying or conversing with each other, but Sam didn't care. His mind swarming with why this girl was put into Slytherin.

"8:ooam tomorrow at the Grand Willow Tree..." he spoke.

"Of course," she smiled.

"... and remember to bring a scarf, it's snowfall tomorrow," he added.