Dire Needs and Desires

"Don't give up, I won't give up, don't give up...no , no, no"

-Sia

Scuffle.

Scuffle.

Scuffle.

Flora's eyes snapped open at the sound, her body stiff and breathing heavy. She heard a soft and whispery voice, but she shivered as her eyes shot behind the looming figure above her to see a frozen Bellatrix. Flora took in her almost blue complexion and couldn't help but feel sorry for the woman who reminded her so much of her friend.

"Flora," the familiar voice mumbled. Flora's blood ran cold as her brown orbs finally looked at him instead of through him as she had been doing for the past seconds. She was alarmed and a withdrew a sigh.

"Is this another trick?" Flora mumbled, as she looked through the dark shadows of nightmares and constant worry that ravaged the man's lovely porcelain features.

"No, it isn't," Tom whispered, his knees bending down as he took in her rugged exterior. A time-turner dangled back and forwards in front of her eyes which she recognized as the one Dumbledore had given her. The thing that had caused all this mess. "You must hurry, the luck potion is wearing out," Tom quipped in a quick reply.

"Luck potion?" Flora mumbled quietly, her hand raising as she took his pale hand.

"The one which we won together a while ago in Potions. I hadn't the urge to use it until now," Tom replied, his hand enclosing around hers. He pulled her up, trying to steady her as Flora stumbled like a little Bambi on ice. They made there way around Bellatrix, Tom sending the girl a frown.

"Bellatrix's daughter..." Flora trailed off. Tom nodded in reply, his eyebrows once again furrowing at his accomplishments. He was a dark lord, everything he dreamed of, but the nagging little part of him knew this plan had faults.

"Bellatrix?" They heard a distant voice calling for the black haired witch, which led Tom too harshly tug on Flora's hand in the opposite direction.

"We need to hurry," Tom whispered fiercely, his feet crunching on the floor of the forest. The pair swerved around trees and bushes before they heard a distant yell that fell on deaf ears as Tom finally apparated with no warning.

"Warning!" Flora coughed out, her ears dinging with bells as she stumbled forwards to only be caught by Tom. His hands steadied on her waist once again. "Falling for you once again, Riddle," Flora rasped.

"Once again," he confirmed.

Flora shut her eyes briefly, taking in the way he made her feel before opening her eyes again. The ringing in her ears ceased and she took in her surroundings. They were in a blind spot of a corridor in Hogwarts. Flora could see the destruction of what had happened and frowned. She couldn't help those that needed it...

"I... I did this, didn't I?" Tom inquired. Flora moved her body to face Tom straight on and shook her head.

"No, it was Voldemort. You're still Tom," Flora corrected.

"But, this is my future, isn't it?" Tom sighed, his eyes taking in the destruction, a sick part of him smirking at the damned marble stairs that were crushed to smithereens.

"Not if you don't choose it," Flora whispered, her hands cupping his face and bringing his wild blue eyes to focus on her. She drawled their lips together as she slipped her hand from his face to his chest. Tom drew his hands around her.

She was his pillar of flame that seemed to light the way for him. His skin felt oddly sunburned as her body pressed against his, hot and dry it nearly hurt. He brought his face away from hers as his blues looked almost in pain.

"I can't promise you a fairy-tale," Tom expressed his dark pair of eyes running over her face.

"And like I've said before, I don't want a fairy-tale. I want you," Flora breathed out, her eyes flickering across his dark looks.

"But there will always be a part of me that would want this..." Tom gestured around at the partially destroyed wall that was to their right.

"I know, Tom," Flora nodded, her eyes squinting as she laid so.

"I don't deserv- "Tom halted himself, his eyes set on Flora. He wanted her safe, he yearned for her to understand that he wished he could just stop thinking the way he did. There were demons that surrounded him that wanted one thing and he always fell into the trap. He wanted more, he wanted more that Flora Nightingale and he knew it was selfish. She was more than enough, but the voices encouraged him to get more.

"Then deserve it Tom. There's a war raging on and I plan on helping. It would be delightful if you tried helping them. Helping me," Flora invigorated, her hands clasping his green sweater that had odd holes in different places.

"I'm scared of dy- "his revelation stopped once again as his throat constricted at the only fear he had that was flowing out like a flood gate that was opening.

"I know you're scared of dying Tom. We all are... it's just that you've been deterred into the wrong direction seeking safety," Flora reasoned with a frown.

"...I'll try," Tom whispered.

"Just remember, I'll be alongside you," Flora softly spoke with a wry smile.