Winter Turmoils and Frustrations

"I can't feel no remorse, you don't feel nothing bad"

-The Lumineers

The average winter near Hogsmeade was the type of winter that everyone contradicted with a love-hate relationship. It was the type to force you to breath into your hands to make them warm. Flora's breaths were short as she tried making her clammy and cold hands warm again. But, she loved the way it looked with the snow on the ground and the smell of the forest beside the path. Then again, her face numbed, her hands cringed and a shudder of chills was sent down her spine. making her wish it would be Summer already.

"Nightingale," a voice called behind her. Flora winced, hoping it wasn't Sam Lumineer who had just sung her a ripped off song moments ago. She kept trudging through the snow though, her mind set on walking straight to the carriages that awaited her presence.

Tom shook his hair to get the snow out of it before trying to catch up with her. Lestrange and his other followers were still at the three broomsticks enjoying there time, while Tom was currently following an annoyed girl. Snow fell on the two figures as they were enraptured in their own things that they wanted to do. But, one certain dark haired boy would stop the other from doing what they deemed fit.

"Wha-" she asked, as a cold hand latched onto her wrist. She turned around to face Tom and she instantly quieted down. "Tom?" she asked, her mind flickering to the night where he tricked her into kissing a duplicate of his. Remembering it, she hastily pulled her hand back. Tom noticed her sudden movement, but chose to ignore it and continued with what he was trying to say.

"Let me guess... Lumineer sung his infamous song, Flora," he teased, his white teeth gleaming. Flora growled before stomping away. Tom was about to speak up again, but she turned towards him quickly on a second thought.

"Actually he didn't," she matter of factly corrected him.

"Was it Nightingale then?" He asked. Flora's cheeks went red with embarrassment as she turned away quickly. He hit it right on the balls eye. "Nightingale. Catchy isn't it?" Tom hummed. Her mind was in a fury of events that seemed to focus around her. She muttered obscenities to herself as she fled.

"You need to stop running away, Nightingale!" Tom called out from behind. Flora instantly stopped, wondering how much he heard of her rant. Her feet were planted to the snow and her brown orbs glared at the snow, hoping it would melt.

"Tom?" Flora questioned to him, her tone undeniably low.

"Yes?" He simply asked, his smirk still gracing his face.

"I don't know what game you're playing at, but leave me alone. I think need this from anybody right now, especially you," she ordered, turning around so there bodies were vertical with each other. Tom clicked his tongue in annoyance at her supposed order.

"How about no..." he hummed finding a sadistic happiness in watching her get annoyed. Her brown eyes flared as they met his blue icy ones.

"How about yes!" Flora screeched, the flood gates opening. "I've had to deal with a lot lately- First you fake kissing me! Second, my father dying! Third, choosing the wrong person once again! And fourth... you rubbing it in my face. So please... just leave me alone," her voice faltered at the end, her wrists coming up to wipe the tear that escaped her right eye with the end of her sleeve.

"You're father's dead?" Tom asked, his curiosity sparking at her out-burst. The news making Tom roll his eyes as he had done perfectly fine without his, in his eyes anyway.

"Merlin Tom! Didn't I just say that!" Flora quipped. "Now please excuse me because I have to go for a music session which is an extra curriculum class that I have taken," she informed him. "Bye Tom Riddle," her quiet voice spoke, her shoulder colliding with Tom as she walked past him.

Tom stood there for awhile, his eyes widening as he felt a small spark of pity for the girl. He did perfectly fine without his and yet...

His hands went around his head in anger. "Why?" he muttered to himself. He chose to do that spell a week ago to prove to himself that he didn't hold any emotions towards Flora Nightingale. But, as she ran away from the docks he couldn't help think that he had made a mistake.

His hand lazily grabbed his wand from his pocket as he looked around in caution before entering the woods on the side of the path in a hurry. His breathing faltered as his wand pointed towards a tree, "Why?" he mumbled to himself again. His voice raised again as he spoke the same word. "Why!" He yelled, flocks of birds flying away at his outburst.

His inner demons and voices picked at him and anger started turning into frustration as hot flicks of fire licked at his skin.

"Avada Kedavra!" he screamed, his sole spell focused on the oak tree in front of him. The tree split into two immediately as green flames licked and consumed the tree . His voice echoed, some students eyes widened in horror at the inhumane scream of frustration from the woods.

Whilst Tom was angry towards a certain brown eyed girl...

Flora was infuriated by a certain blue eyed boy.