Games and Trivias

"It is not his fault as he did not know how to love..."

-Anonymous

The next week, Flora was making her way down to the Great Hall. Maggie was situated beside her, her arms swinging back and forwards melodramatically as she did so.

"You seem very joyful," Flora commented, her eyes glancing at Maggie briefly. Maggie gave her a crooked smile, her right hand absentmindedly twirling her black hair around and around.

"Yes, indeed," Maggie chirped, her hand falling from her hair. "Apparently the Tumbling Rings Trip is cancelled," Maggie suddenly spoke, changing the subject. Flora's eyes grew wide and she stopped.

"What. Why?" Flora questioned, her mind wandering back to the 100 point situation with Dumbledore.

"Apparently the forest got infested with Doxy's," Maggie shrugged. Flora raised an eyebrow and heaved in a sigh.

"Stupid biting fairies," Flora mumbled, her legs now moving to the Great Hall.

"Apparently that's why the Ministry Officer was here last week; to inform Professor Dumbledore," Maggie added. Flora nodded in dismay as she had looked forward to the little trip.

"Well, well, well." A teasing voice hummed from behind them. Maggie knew who the voice belonged to immediety and turned her head to meet his light blue orbs.

"Abraxas," Maggie greeted, her body moving sideways to let the white haired boy fit in the middle.

"Morning, what's with the long face over here with Nightingale?" He questioned, his hand coming up to rub Flora's shoulder.

"Tumbling Rings cancellation," Maggie hummed. Flora moved his hand away, finding his rubbing to be very rough.

"Well have fun at class," Abraxas bided.

"What? I don't have clas-" Flora was interrupted as Abraxas pushed her into the next classroom.

"You little Niffler," Flora grumbled, comparing him to the treasure hunting creature that had a large snout; Maggie being the treasure and his nose sniffling into other people's business...

Flora sat across form Tom, staring him in the eye. Tom stared back, his dark blue gaze set on her coffee brown. A dangerous smirk was situated on his lips as his eyes narrowed. He absentmindedly spoke, ordering his Queen to gain on her King.

"Checkmate," Tom announced. Flora scanned the Wizards Chess Board with her eyes, looking for any aspect of an escape from Tom's black marbled Queen.

Flora sighed in defeat, coming to the conclusion that there was actually no way out of it. Flora moved her King one space to the left, a pout forming. Tom commanded for his King to wipe out her Queen and so it did. Tom set her white marbled Queen with the rest of his collection of her pieces.

"And that is how you win a game in under three minutes," Tom smirked, his accomplishment making him internally laugh at her reaction.

"Congratulations," Flora cheered sarcastically.

"Don't be a bad sport. It's not my fault that I'm grand at this game," Tom teased, his smirk growing even more.

"I've lost the last 19 games, exempting one, which I know for sure that you had let me win," Flora groaned. "Can't we play another game like snakes and ladders?" Flora questioned, her gaze moving to someone on the other side of the room playing it.

The enchanted colored snakes moving around the board from time to time; avoiding the red snakes that snacked on the players ones. Tom gave her an incredulous look, as if it was the most absurd thing that he had ever heard.