Memories and Guests

"I'll be back," he spoke softly, his blue gaze penetrating Flora Nightingale. Flora's mind was sent into a whirlwind and all she could do was try and reach for him.

"Tom?"

"I said get-" Harry's voice filtered through Flora's ears and she instantly retorted a 'shut-up'. A panic surged through her and she was finding it hard to breathe at the aspect of Tom leaving her once again.

"I'm sorry..." came his reply, his feet retreating.

"Tom!"

"Tom!"

He apparated. Flora panicked, her fingers deftly trying to support her weight as she tumbled to get up. When that failed, she resorted back to screaming out his name.

"Tom!"

"Flora!"

Flora shot up with a start, hands rested on her shoulders.

"I was screaming again, wasn't I?" Flora mumbled in worry, as her hands came up to her head.

"Don't worry about it..." Maggie answered.

"It's been five years Maggie. I'm just- just over it. Those two years practically messed me up. He messed me up."

"I know honey."

Silence ensued before Flora spoke to change the conversation.

"I saw something weird yesterday at the Ministry," she hummed.

"What happened?"

"I thought I saw Professor Snape." Flora whispered.

"He's dead innit he? Didn't know him personally, but he was a prominent figure back in the news."

"I know... it's probably just my crazy brain." Flora frowned.

"Mistress Nightingale?" A light voice spoke from the door.

"Yes Tessier?"

"Would you like some breakfast?"

The house elf's smile was slightly creepy, but Flora seemed to find it endearing.

"Yes, please."

"Make it scrambled eggs on toast Tessier. Enough for three." Maggie supplied.

"Three? Mistress has a guest?"

"You need some as well Tessier." Flora whole-heartedly smiled.

"Oh-of course! Of course. Tessier will make now." Tessier clumsily tumbled out of the room, nearly hitting the door on the way out. Maggie shook her head with a smile.

Whining came from the small room nestled to the side of Flora's bedroom. Both women got up from the bed, Maggie reaching the room first because she wasn't cocooned in blankets. Small cries filled Flora's ears as she stumbled to the room.

"Aurora! It's alright little one... Aunty Mags is here," Maggie cooed. Flora watched the slightly freckled four-year-old in Maggie's arms. Dark mousy hair falls from the child's head. Green-blue watery eyes staring into Flora. Flora couldn't help but feel like an unworthy mother. 'Blimey, Maggie is more capable than me...'

Flora's eyes wandered to the other side of the room where Julian sat in a heap of blankets. A picture book nestled in his line of sight. Feeling Flora's eyes on him, his gaze lifted. Dark brown hair verging on black disheveled, brown eyes staring blankly.

"You've always been a quiet bub." Flora grinned, walking to pick up the child.

Flora nestled him into a hug, a snort coming from Julian in reply. A mechanical bird swooped into the room whistling, settling on the dresser.

"I'll get it Tessier! You keep cooking!" Flora yelled loudly, knowing he would've heard downstairs. Luckily an enchantment made sure that sounds didn't reverberate out of the house.

Flora placed Julian down with a swift kiss to the forehead, exiting out of the room. She picked up her wand from her night stand, Julian following from behind waddling. She smiled at him, turning her head to see his determined face to follow.

Flora trampled down the steps, knowing Julian would take longer with his small legs. Flora opened the door, briefly remembering her attire of a spaghetti strap top and shorts. She shrugged to herself, she didn't care.

When she opened the door three figures stood. Flora's eyes widened and her mouth fell open.

"Nice to see ya Flora. But, do you have any idea where Maggie is?"

"...Upstairs... first... right..."

Flora saw the fair-haired man slip past her, skipping a couple of steps. Silence enveloped before a girlish scream filled the air.

"Stop smirking Trudgeball."

Flora could hear something tumble and frowned. She shook her head, facing the man and woman in front of her.

"Flora." His voice was quiet. Flora was contemplating onto whether her brain had malfunctioned and created this scenario, kissing the man, or belittling him. She chose option 'd'; embracing him.

"Tom."

The pair was off-balanced for a short while, but Tom corrected their position. His arms wrapped around her, holding her tight against him.

"...And what? I don't get a hug?"

Flora looked towards Bellatrix, smirking.

"I'll give you a hug." Came Aurora's voice from behind Flora.

Flora unwantedly separated from Tom, seeing Aurora and Julian confused to the commotion before them. Flora worriedly looked at Tom's face, knowing he would have pieced the puzzle together by now. The children were his. His apple bobbed, swallowing saliva.

"Uh, Tessier! We actually do have guests. Whip up some more food for us, why don't you?"