On My Mind

A/N: I was in the car, listening to the radio, and this song came on. I was thinking, then the idea hit me like a truck. I was like: I have to get this down before I forget. Forgive me if there are any errors (plz let me know if there are) because I was just trying to get this idea down as fast as possible! Song used is On My Mind by Ellie Goulding. I don't usually listen to this kind of music, but if you like it, that's fabulous.
Anyways, this takes place before any established Solangelo. It is set inside the Apollo cabin. It's all Nico's POV. Enjoy!

I stomped over to the Apollo cabin. Seriously, Will needs to stop leaving these notes all around my cabin. I have no idea how he even got into my cabin anyways.

I'll definitely give him a reason to think twice about entering my cabin without my permission.

I knocked angrily on the Apollo cabin's door. I kept knocking louder and louder. Finally, Will's sister Kayla answered it.

"He's in the back, in his room." I nodded. I noticed how different the Apollo cabin was from the Hades cabin. Never mind that, though. I had a reason to be here, and it wasn't to admire the amazingly decorated cabin.

I walked quietly to the back of the cabin, attempting to scare him. The closer I got to his room, however, I realized I didn't need to tip toe. He was blasting music, and it wasn't very good.

Pop. Disgusting.

Then a particularly terrible song came on, and I was close enough to hear Will was singing along. I was standing in the door way of his cabin, about to get his attention, when I noticed he was painting something on a canvas. All I could see was a lot of black. The rest was covered by his body.

The song changed, and Will squealed, obviously excited about the song that came on. I watched him sing along to the entire song.
It's a little blurry how the whole thing started. I don't even really know what you intended. Thought that you were cute and could make me jealous? Poured it down, so I poured it down. He started spinning around in circles again to the music, so I stepped out of the room so he wouldn't see me.

Next thing I know I'm in a hotel with you. You were talking deep like it was made love to you. You wanted my heart, but I just liked your tattoos. Poured it down, so I poured it down. He didn't sound like he was moving anymore, so I peaked back in. Sure enough, he was working on his painting again.

All the sudden, I heard something change in his voice. He had started to sing with more meaning.
And now I don't understand it: you don't mess with love, you mess with the truth. And I know I shouldn't say it, but my heart don't understand: Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. But my heart don't understand: why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. With each word, he added a new stroke to his painting. His voice changed back to how it was before, like he didn't really mean the words he was saying.

I always hear, always hear them talking 'bout a girl, 'bout a girl with my name. Saying that I hurt you, but I still don't get it. You didn't love me, no, not really. Wait: I could have really liked you. He stopped singing along for a second to say: "I do really like you." He chuckled, looking at the painting.

He joined back in to the song.
And now I don't understand it, you don't mess with love, you mess with the truth. And I know I shouldn't say it. And my heart don't understand it: Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. Why I got you on my mind. But my heart don't understand it, why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody: why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody: why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody: why I got you on my mind.
He started singing more quietly, focusing on finishing his painting. You got yourself in a dangerous zone. Cause we both have the fear, fear of being alone.

And I still don't understand it: you don't mess with love, you mess with the truth. And my heart don't understand it: why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. But my heart don't understand it: why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. But my heart don't understand it: why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody, you think you know somebody. Why I got you on my mind. You think you know somebody. You think you know somebody. You think you known somebody.

His voice tapered off at the end. He made a satisfying last stroke, ran a hand through his hair, and stepped back. He looked at his work, admiring it. He stepped back far enough that I could see it, and my mouth dropped open in shock.

Not only was the painting amazing, it was of me. Then I heard him say something else. "Nico di Angelo, why do I have you on my mind?" Will thought aloud.

I made a strangled noise in the back of my throat, covering my mouth with my hand, trying to back out before he saw me. No such luck.

He saw my face, and his eyes went wide with shock. He covered the painting by standing in front of it again.

"Um. How long h-have you been standing there?" Will asked, looking embarrassed.

"Long enough to know I'm on your mind?" I said, but it came out more like a question.

Will covered his face with his hands. He looked really embarrassed. "Nico. I'm so sorry. I-I just.... I really-" Will started, but I cut him off with something that surprised him and me.

I stepped forward, grabbed his face, and kissed him full on the lips. He wound his hands into my hair, kissing back. I put my hands on the back of his neck, pulling him closer so our bodies were touching.

Just then, we both heard someone. Startled, we jumped back and turned to the door. Will's sister Kayla was standing there.

"Mission Solangelo complete. I'll tell the others." She walked away, talking to herself.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"I have no idea, and I don't know if I want to know. But I do know something." Will replied.

"What's that?" I smirked, knowing full well what he was about to say. He was going to say how he wanted to kiss me again.

"Those notes I left in your cabin finally paid off." Will smiled wryly. I had almost completely forgot about those. I remembered how angry I was, and how I wouldn't have even come here if I wasn't mad about the notes.

"You know what? I think you're right." I pressed my lips to his again, and we stayed like that for a while.

A/N: Well. There's the fluff for anybody who actually reads this all the way through. I'm so cheesy I'll probably end every chapter in a kiss. Whatever though 😂