Not Approved Part 1

A/N: A little closer to the trigger side, but I think it'll be fine.

All Will's POV, mortal AU

I woke up to the same drab yellow walls, the same dark and empty room. I quickly sat up, picking out an outfit for the day. Just another boring day in my boring house.

But then I remembered.

Today is the day. Nico is coming over, and we're going to tell my mom and step dad, Mark, about us. I think my mom has suspected something for a while, but she's stayed quiet. Its time to tell them, though. I love him.

Life's only interesting when I'm with Nico. Without him, I feel emptier. My siblings are never around. Austin is in college, Kayla is constantly out with her friends. Life was better when they were around. For a time, I felt like I had lost everything, like I had nothing left to live for. But then I met Nico.

Everything changed because of him.

I finished getting ready for school, fling my back pack over my shoulder, and grab a Poptart on my way out the door.

"Bye, sweetie! Love you!" My mom calls after me.

"Bye!" I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, then scramble out onto the sidewalk. I run to my usual meeting place with Nico, then stop once I get there. I quickly fix my hair and adjust my shirt just as he arrives.

"Beauty Queen." He snorts and loops his arm in mine.

"You stole that from Leo." I roll my eyes.

"Doesn't mean it isn't true." He laughs and pecks my on the cheek.

We continue walking to school.

-----TIME SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL BECAUSE I CANT WORDS RIGHT NOW-----

Nico and I head home together after school, our hands intertwined. Before we left, Jason and Piper wished us good luck.

As we approached my house, I could feel my hands start to get sweaty. Nico took his hand out of mine and wiped it on his pants.

"Gross. You sweat like a pig. Don't be nervous, you're fine." We had told his parents a while ago, and they were fully accepting of him. I guess he was right, there was no reason to worry.

My parents had met Nico before, he'd been over to work on homework and eat dinner a couple of times. But this was different. I feel like they knew something was coming.

I had asked last week of Nico could come over for dinner today, and of course my mom had said yes. My step dad wasn't present at that time, but he liked Nico. He thought we made good friends.

I stuck my key in the door and turned it, then opened the door.

Mark was already home, which was unusual for him. We didn't eat until late at night because my mom preferred family dinners. He didn't get home until 8 usually. My mom was not home, which was also very strange.

Nico and I headed to my room until dinner. We would tell my parents then.

"So... What do you wanna do until dinner?" Nico asked, not looking at me, his face a slight shade of pink. He sat down on the bed.

"We could..." I didn't finish my sentence. I couldn't, because Nico had grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me into a kiss.

Of course, not even five seconds later, Mark walked in. Nico and I broke apart in a hurry.

He looked enraged.

"Get out." He spoke in a calm and quiet tone.

In that single moment, my heart shattered into a million pieces.

"What?" My voice felt small.

"I said, get out. You are an abomination to this family. Leave." He said this in the same tone as before.

I didn't really fully process what he said. I just stood up and looked at him. He wouldn't even meet my eyes. Nico scrambled up after me. I grabbed his hand, and we slowly walked out of my bedroom. Nico was looking at me, looking for a sign of emotion. But the weird thing was, I didn't feel anything.

I felt nothing.

I walked out of the house, the same blank expression plastered to my face.

A/N: Writing that felt really good. Idk. I can't describe it. But it also made me sad. At the same time tho, it made me less sad. Idk. It was confusing. Idk. Part 2 coming soon.

ALSO YAY DOUBLE POST YAY ME!

In Disney We Trust,
Peter Pan