Neighbors AU Part 3

A/N: Now they're 14.

Will's POV

Things with Nico and me were... awkward to say the least. They had been ever since that day. We still talk, we're still best friends, but we avoid any personal topics.

And it's all my fault. I made it awkward, all because- because I'm...

I had finally found out what made me different. And I didn't like it at all. I was a mistake. I shouldn't feel the way I feel about Nico.

I should at least tell him, let him know that I'm a disgrace so he doesn't wonder why I'm avoiding him.

I walk up to his house, and knock on the door. I take a deep breath. Nico answers.

"Hey, uh, Nico. Can we walk down to the park really fast? I need to talk to you."

"Uh, sure." He steps out and closes the door behind him.

The walk to the park is silent. I sneak glances at Nico, and a few times he catches me.

When we reach the park, I sit down on the swing set. The park is deserted, which is exactly what I wanted.

Not even my parents know about me. I feel like I trust Nico more. I still don't think he'll accept me, but he'll probably have a better reaction than my parents will. If I even get the guts to tell them.

"Will? You there? You just zoned out?"

"Oh-uh yeah. Listen, Nico. I have to tell you something. Something really, really important. Just, before I do, promise me you won't hate me."

"I could never hate you, Will." He takes my hand. "Just tell me." I look down at our intertwined hands and smile, but then the smile disappears.

"Nico, I'm- I'm different. I- I'm g-" My throat chokes up before I can get the word out. He squeezes my hand reassuringly.

"Will, you can tell me anything."

"I'M GAY!" I blurted out, then covered my mouth with the hand Nico wasn't holding. My eyes fill up with tears, and I sob. Nico stands up from his swing, comes over to mine, and gives me a hug.

We hold each other like that for a while. I sob into his shoulder, and he just keeps holding me.

Eventually we break apart, and I rub my eyes.

"Will?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I might be gay too."

A/N: I'm proud of myself I've updated so much lately!!!

In Disney We Trust,
Peter Pan