Neighbors AU Part 2

A/N: Now they're 13.

Will's POV

Shortly after Nico moved in, I realized something was different about me. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm definitely different.

I found myself wanting to talk to him, to hang out with him, every day. It got to a point where he got a little annoyed of my presence.

I made it my duty to find out everything I possibly could about him. And soon enough, we became best friends. He told me all his secrets, and I told him mine. Except for one. I decided I would tell him when I was older, once I actually figured out what it was.

When I had turned 13, I started having these weird feelings when I looked at Nico. Maybe it was because we were such good friends. I brushed them off, and never thought twice about them.

But then there was this one day in particular...

I was walking around the neighborhood with Nico, and we were talking about music that we liked. We were talking about Panic! At The Disco at the moment.

"My favorite song by them? Ms. Jackson. For sure." Nico responded when I had asked him.

"I like When The Day Met The Night." I don't know why, but I blushed after I had said that. Nico looked at me strangely, then blushed too.

"Why is that?" He stopped walking and looked at me. I stopped too. But when I looked at his face, I couldn't remember what I was gonna say. I just got lost in his beautiful eyes- wait, did I just say beautiful?

"I-uh, I'm not sure." And with that, I took off running back to my house.

"Wait- Will!"

But I was already gone.