36: The Decision

I found Dylan quite soon afterwards, and he looked quite out of it, as he was stuck inside a janitor's closet with his feet upside down against the wall. He kind of looked like a cartoon character. 

"What is up with the Office sending a bunch of shit officers when Kyle's not around?" I muttered under my breath, and brought him up as I let him lean against my shoulders. I called Henry, telling him I had to leave school and it was an emergency. Henry did not screw around and he arrived in 10 minutes. We sped to the Office, and when I arrived several guards led me in immediately, taking Dylan off of my back.

When I barged into the room Kyle was in with his colleagues, everyone looked up, alarmed.

"What are you doing here?" Kyle asked, and looked at Dylan who was being carried away to the infirmary.

"Believe it or not, the leader of the Shadow Legion came to talk to me personally right in school."

"Roselle? Shit..." Kyle's face went pale as his eyes widened. "No wonder why our security alarms were going off like hell."

My jaw fell slack and I felt like my mind was going to blow up. "There were warnings and you left me at school? In what world is leaving me there 'for my own good' if people from the Legion are creeping around the school?"

Kyle couldn't meet my eyes and averted his gaze to the floor. I felt slightly guilty for calling him up on his mistake, but I also wanted to rub it into his face for not listening to me.

"We thought there were people surrounding the Office," Brook piped in for the first time, "we were trying to keep you from the danger, but it must have been a distraction."

I shrugged it off, not in the mood to listen to whatever they were saying. It only reminded me of how I was in danger and in need of protection. "Okay, fine, but do you want to hear what Roselle said to me or not?"

Everyone looked guilty and uncomfortable as I recounted the scene with as much detail as possible. I incorporated things I'd perceived through Roselle's facial expression as well. 

"24 hours," people started mumbling when I finished talking.

"That was stupid of Roselle. She basically gave us a warning to start reinforcing security." Someone said.

But Kyle and Brook seemed skeptical. They glanced at each other, nodded, and walked over to me. 

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Are you guys ganging up on me now?"

"Cass, you sounded suspicious as hell. Your conversation with Roselle...why would you say those things you said?"

"What do you mean?" 

Kyle observed my expression with his ultimate inquiring face. "You have a plan, don't you?"

"Doesn't everyone have some sort of plan at all times?" I defended myself.

"No, but you have an actual plan, don't you?" Brook said, realizing what Kyle had picked up on. While Kyle looked like he wanted to shut me up in whatever way possible, Brook seemed excited to hear what I had to say.

"All your plans are something about endangering yourself and you need to—" 

"Kyle, shut up for once. Cass, what do you have in mind?" Brook's eyes were shining, and I clasped my hands together.

"I think I need to tell everyone who's in this case."

* * * * *

As we waited for everyone to file in, Kyle took me by my elbow and guided me to the corner of the room. "What have you got planned?"