02: The New Kid Is A Badass

The first day of school doesn't have to suck.  But then again it usually does.

For me, anyway.

It didn't start off that bad.

I woke up at seven in the morning like every normal weekday.  I took a quick shower before going down stairs to have a nice breakfast prepared for me by our hired cooks.  I ate silently, and when I stood up to go back to my room to change, my brothers came downstairs.  They were talking to each other, and Alec grinned at me.

"Excited for school?" He asked.

"Nope." I replied, popping the p.

"Well maybe you would if you weren't so messed up." Auden said.

I frowned, but I was used to my brother's rude comments so I ignored it and went upstairs.

I had changed into my uniform, a knee-length plaid skirt, a dress shirt, a tie, and a red vest.  I pulled my hair up into its usual ponytail and brushed my teeth.

I grabbed the bag of school things Melissa had prepared for me, and wearing my favorite pair of combat boots, I went downstairs.

I walked out of my house, where our servant pulled open the door for me.

"Have a good day, miss Cassandra." He said.

"Thank you, you too." I replied, climbing into the usual limo.

"You're late," Alec said, glaring at me.

I checked my watch.  "No, I was completely punctual.  That means you're just early."  I grinned, "someone's excited for school."

Alec rolled his eyes but didn't say anything to me after that.

When we got to school, Alec and Auden pushed each other out, running into the school.  They greeted their friends, which is, like, everyone at school, and they were acting completely different than around me.  

I turned to Henry, who was driving me to school as usual.  "See you later."

He gave me a sympathetic smile.  "Have a good day miss, considering everything."

"Thanks." I said, and got out.

I looked around my surroundings.  Mostly all the girls rolled their skirts up just where their underwear wouldn't show, and they wore heels so high I worried they would topple over and fall onto one of the 'unfashionable' freshmen that don't wear heels.

Like how I feel all the time at my school, I felt lonely and out of place.  Every morning I would realize exactly how unpopular I was.  So much that I couldn't make a single friend.

I took out the schedule that had been sent to everyone's homes from my bag, and fought back a groan.

My homeroom teacher was Mr. Sullivan, the most boring and annoying teacher in our entire school.  I dumped everything I brought into my locker before walking to my classroom.

I sat in the empty classroom for five minutes.  Everything was silent, and no one was coming.  I checked my watch.  Class should be starting in a minute.  Where was everybody?

And then I remembered.

The freshmen orientation!

There were annual orientations for freshmen and new students, and it was always held at our ridiculously huge auditorium.  I completely forgot that all students were supposed to be there early.

And I was already ten minutes late.

I sped through the endless halls of classrooms and exited through the back door.  I wove my way through our field and through our school's park (yes, this school has its own park) until I finally got to the auditorium.  I slipped in through the door, and searched through the crowd of students where my class was.