26: Ballroom Dance

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely addictedtofood, who made the new cover and has been giving me endless support and inspiration! Thanks girl xxx

I got up from Kyle's bed, looking around to see the empty bed. I crawled off, rubbing my eyes as I entered his living room. I saw him sitting in front of his computer, reading intently as he sipped from his coffee mug.

"Good morning." I mumbled, stretching out my arms over my head.

"Morning." He replied, turning around to face me. Surprisingly, he was sporting a pair of dark-rimmed glasses, making him look intelligent and sexy as hell.

Dammit! I had to stop myself from admiring him. 

"You have glasses." The moment the words fell from my mouth, I wanted to punch myself. No shit, sherlock.

But Kyle didn't make fun of me. "Yeah. I'm near-sided, but I usually just wear contacts."

I nodded, secretly loving learning new things about him everyday.

"Do you want coffee?"

I shook my head. "Caffeine doesn't really work on me."

He shrugged, and pointed to the fridge. "You can eat whatever you want in there."

I opened the refrigerator, and grabbed a yogurt, taking a spoon from one of the drawers and digging in. I glanced at the clock, saw it was 7:15, and realized I should start getting ready for school. I stood up, planning to go back to my room.

"I'll come back here after I change." I said, taking one last lingering look at him with his sexy glasses.

I was padding over to my room, just when Brook stepped out of her own room, wearing a black, badass outfit, just as usual. She raised a brow at me.

"You really have made a habit of sleeping with him, haven't you?"

I blushed. "Stop judging. Nothing happened."

Brook smirked. "Oh, I'm not judging. I think it's perfectly fine. Actually, I ship it."

"Shut up." I said, even though I was grinning.

"Just don't start moaning too loud in the middle of the night. I treasure my beauty sleep!" She said, starting to walk away.

I glared at her playfully. "That's not funny."

"Oh it totally is." She called over her shoulder. I shook my head and entered my room. I went straight to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I met my reflection and instantly blushed. I was still wearing shorts that only just covered my rear, and a T-shirt without a bra. I hadn't thought much about it, but what Kyle and I were doing, it seems like what couples would do, and the idea placed a flurry of butterflies in my stomach.

I changed into my uniform, which had been packed by Melissa and brought by my mom, and grabbed my backpack which had also been brought, along with notebooks, textbooks, and incomplete homework inside of it.

I met back with Kyle in his room. He was also dressed in his uniform—looking much too handsome in it to be fair, might I add. We got out of the building and into his silver Volvo. 

A question popped into my head as he was driving. "How long have you been driving? You seem really comfortable with it." I had my driver's license, but I was still way too nervous to drive by myself.

"Well I got my permit when I was 14, but I started driving regularly last year."

"How is that allowed? Weren't you too young?"