Peter Pan

Wendy sat in her closet, cradled and propped up against the wall. She'd slammed the door just awhile ago, but there was no lock.
There was a knock at the closet door and a small voice. Erland.
"Can I come in?" He asked quietly. Wendy hit the door. "No." She sputtered out. You could hear a sigh at the other end of the door.
"I'm coming in" Erland whispered, turning the doorknob and letting light pour into the pitch black closet. Wendy threw a sweater at him in the process. He discarded it. There was a small book in his hand, Wendy couldn't see it since she was cradled in her knees.
"Here" He handed her the book, putting it beside her and taking a seat on the other wall. The atmosphere went silent after that, but it was a comfortable silence. Nobody was expecting anyone from the other person in the room, vice versa. After the long moment of calamity, Wendy slipped out of her bubble and sat cross legged on the floor. She picked up the book and examined its cover. The title read "Peter Pan".

Wendy was one to fantasize and believe in things other than reality, which was why she and Erland got along sometimes. She remembered getting this book on her eighth birthday and keeping it ever since. She and Erland would stay up at night, in the closet while Wendy read the stories about a funny little boy who never grew up. They used flashlights to read and to sometimes make shadow figures with their hands, shining the light behind it to make it show up on the wall.

"Hey Erland" Wendy whispered, looking over at the boy across from her.
"Get me a flashlight" She flipped the book open as Erland picked up a flashlight in the corner of the room. He flashed it on the book for her to read. She took a deep breath.
"Once there were three children, Wendy, John and Michael." Wendy read aloud, stopping to grab the flashlight and shine it at the wall, putting three fingers in front of it the create three shadows. She smiled.
"At bedtime, Wendy would tell a story to her little brothers John and Michael. And tonight as usual, it was about their favourite hero from Neverland. Peter Pan." Wendy did the same again, moving her hands to attempt to create a shadow of Peter Pan. But before she could move, a shadow had already been made, a very detailed shadow of Peter. It waved almost as if it was supposed to be in a flashlight. Wendy dropped the light in shock and looked at Erland, who didn't move an inch at all either. She stared into the front of the flashlight, wondering who made the shadow, but nothing was there.
"H-How about we stop for today?" Erland suggested as Wendy nodded frantically as they scurried to their beds and quickly went under the covers, trying to sleep the problem away. Wendy had thought about what happened earlier. Something was rather familiar.
"Erland!" She yelled, jolting out of her bed. Erland did the same, more slowly as he had just woken up. He shushed her.
"This happened in the story!" Wendy said, Erland cocked an eyebrow. "The shadow! Peter Pan came into Wendy's room and forgot his shadow."
Erland rubbed his eyes and scoffed, "Wendy, it's impossible to for a shadow to lose its body. You need a figure to make the shadow. You've finally gone mad" Erland grumpily said. Wendy crossed her arms and laid back down in her bed, as did Erland.
"Whatever." She said while yawning. Wendy fell asleep and the so called shadow wandered around the room, making silly movements.

-

"Yeah!" Peter yelled as he swiftly flew through the air, the moon illuminating him and the wind giving him a rush. "Hanabell!" He yelled again as the puppy-pixie began to bark, flying alongside the boy. They landed on a nearby roof in the nearby neighbourhood.
"You wanna visit the Kirkland's again?" Peter asked the puppy, who barked in response.
"What do you mean I forgot something there?" He said, furrowing his bushy brows. The puppy barked again in response. Peter listened intently.
"My shadow? Nonsense, my shadow is right-" The boy started, but as he look at the empty space on the floor where his shadow should be, he realized that Hana was not lying. Peter pet the puppy on the head.
"We'll visit them tomorrow night." The blonde said.

W|N Just so you know, HanaBell is Hanatamago, Finland and Sweden's pet dog. I decided to use her as a familiar more than a pixie to Peter, Hana is also Sealand's pet anyway. Hanatamago + Tinkerbell = HanaBell!