Tackle Pounce

Arthur checked his watch while sitting at the front seat.
"The flight is in thirty minutes. I believe we can get there in time." He said aloud, staring blindly out the window. Wendy just nodded from the back seat, Arthur didn't need any indication that she heard him.
She was still interlocking her pinky finger with the blonde beside her, nearly forgetting about it a few roads back. Nonetheless, her stomach still had butterflies. Perhaps so did Peter, she looked over at the boy who nonchalantly stared out the window.
How is he so good at the feelings department?

The answer is reader, he isn't.

-Peter's POV- At the river side about one hour ago -

I got out the car with some kind of stride, I didn't know what kind. But I didn't care.
We were at a river. I guess that was all that matters.
Wendy was hesitant, but I escorted her out in a gentlemanly order. We sat there at the side of the river in the sand. Just, sitting there.
I put aside the fact that I thought of Wendy Kirkland as a stunning and luminous person. I also put aside the confession. I already wrecked it by holding her hand to quote on quote 'protect her'. God, that was so stupid. But I am the great Peter Pan, fending myself for a week or so in Neverland! Ugh, my childhood memories living a bratty and spoiled lifestyle have brought back war flashbacks. But it's all fine, just mumble some stuff about rivers and you'll live. See? Nothing bad.

Is she looking at me? I swore she just snuck a glance. Well I mean who wouldn't, but a glance like that could be fatal. I just have to stare at the river till we can leave. I totally forgot the root purpose as to why we're here but who cares I'm charging into the battlefield with a stride I don't even know. Maybe I could pull this off, at this rate she's just staring at the river too I mean what coul-

"Hey Peter,"

tHE KIRKLAND HAS CALLED MY NAME ABORT MISSION ABORT ITS GONE HAYWIRE THIS WASN'T PART OF THE PLAN OH GOD SHES TURNING TO ME I HAVE TO LOOK BACK AT HER ARGH WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO HAVE SUCH PRETTY EYES.

"I....Uhm.....I"
"I'm in love with you!"

oKAY LETS SLOW DOWN THERE. WENDY KIRKLAND FALLING IN LOVE WITH ME?!? AM I DREAMING? IS THIS THE REAL LIFE? IS THIS JUST FANTASY? OKAY WHAT DO I DO. I SHOULD TELL HER I LIKE HER BACK. I DoNT KNOW HOW BUT ILL DO IT SOMEHOW. MAYBE ILL JUST GO UP TO HER AND SAY IT TO HER FACE AND RUN. THATS SOUNDS GOOD. GREAT IDEA PETER. THANKS PETER.

And then next thing I knew my face was extremely close to her face. I had the sudden urge to jump back, but honestly there was no time for that. I had to tell her.
"I like you too." I said in the calmest voice I could muster. Then my heart was about to burst, I didn't know what to do next, let alone think. It was all a big daz-

oH LOOK ARTHUR AND TOBY. PETER RUNNN. GOTTA BLAST WENDY IM ABOUT TO DIE. OKAY I REACHED THEM WHAT NOW. CAR. OKAY CAR. GET IN CAR. OKAY NOW I JUST HAVE TO STUFF MY FACE WITH CHIPS TILL WE REACH THE AIRPORT. AW MAN BUT SHE LOOKS SO CONFUSED. NOW HER HORMONES ARE GONNA SURFACE. ARGH WHY DID I HAVE TO RUNNN. OKAY, HOW ABOUT HOLDING PINKIES. ITS OUR THING SO I GUESS IT'LL PASS AS A HEY I LIKE YOU A LOT DoNT BE SAD. WHEW.

Show her my stuck out pinky. Okay she's interlocked hers. Now all we've gotta do is keep this up till the car ride. Whew.

Another day full of success.

-End of Peter POV- back to the story ;) - btw this was on crack lmao

Wendy stared at the blue sky, she remembered wanting to paint Arthur's guest room ceiling. Again, she'll save that for another time. She wondered if Toby or Jack or Erland missed her. It was just five days, maybe not. The brunette remembered the boys at the orphanage, Luca was a very determined kid. He didn't really have to muster reality, nor did he have the mind to realize that you have to be at least eighteen to adopt a family member or kid. His brother was sixteen. Three more years, Wendy frowned. She hoped that most of the boys would get adopted and stay in touch, so they'd be able to still visit. She also hoped that she'd be able to see Peter again, once at least in a lifetime.
Sometimes she wished she could just freeze time, so they would stay together. Even for another day or hour, it was all she wanted. More time. Don't we all?
The brunette could see the airport from afar. She frowned, now staring at her hand and Peter's. Peter noticed, he let go and grabbed Wendy's hand instead, giving it a squeeze. Perhaps his heart was about to explode, but so was hers.

They pulled up to the parking lot and unloaded, Wendy rolling her luggage along. By now they let go of each other's hands and headed for the platform. A goodbye was to be said. But she didn't want to.
Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.
As they stood there, a stroll away from the platform, Wendy knew she had to muster something. But nothing was said, they pinky promised and nodded to each other. Because sometimes you don't have to speak when your hearts are speaking for you.
And alas the Brit and the Australian rolled their luggages, still having to take a walk.
"Arthur, will I be able to see Peter again?" Wendy asked in somewhat hope, she wanted to cry. But she didn't. Not today. The Brit smiled down at her.
"You can see him all the time in Neverland." He grinned, Wendy stopped rolling her suitcase. She was not informed of this. The brunette thought this was her last look at the boy till forever. She stared at the man, Arthur shrugged.
"I'm surprised the boy didn't tell you."
Oh, so he knew. Instead of feeling like missing him, Wendy wanted to tackle the boy. Looking at the clock, they had ten minutes left before the plane went. And so she did.

Wendy ran over to the boy who was now turned around, ready to walk away. She pounced, landing and successfully tackling the boy, who stared at her as if  understanding as to why she was mad. He forgot to tell her.
"You knew! You knew we'd see each other again!" She yelled, punching his shoulders and ignoring the strangers that stared at the two. Peter laughed, prying the girl off of him so they faced each other sitting down.
"The jig is up?" Peter said with uncertainty. There was no jig to start with, he forgot to tell her.

Wendy huffed but pulled the blonde into a hug. She was relieved this wasn't the last day. Peter hugged back of course, they could both feel the pounding of each other's hearts.
The girl could hear Arthur calling her back, it was almost time to leave.
She stood up, Peter still deciding to sit.

"You're crazy." She muttered playfully. Peter shrugged, looking up to her just as smug.
"I know."

W|N Homestuck is now not on hiatus so now I'm binge reading while crying it's fantastic. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, the end is nigh though. c: