An Apology?

"Arthur just called me over to apologize about the whole adoption thing." Peter shrugged.

Peter and Arthur walked down the hall and turned to reach Peter's room. Locking the door, Arthur signalled him to take a seat. The boy stubbornly did so, plopping upon his bed.
"Listen Peter," Arthur started, the boy didn't look him in the eye as he stood by the door. Tapping his foot gently, he walked over to the boy and kneeling in front of him. Know he had to look him in the eye. It was an uncomfortable look. Arthur sighed.
"Peter, I want you to know that I didn't adopt you because I wanted to." The boy just cocked an eyebrow, looking offended. His look yelled 'then why?'
"No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't afford to raise you. So all I could do was make sure you got a loving family that could do everything I couldn't." Arthur explained. Peter's glare softened, and his crossed arms fells to the side. Small hiccups came from the boy, he was on the verge of tears.
"How come you didn't ask how I felt about it?" Peter hiccuped, his voice breaking. Arthur just looked at him warmly.
"Because of this. I didn't want to see you cry." He answered, hot tears began streaming down Peter's face, dropping onto his lap. Arthur pulled him into a hug, Peter's tears now staining the shoulder of his sweater vest. They stayed in that embrace for a while, as Peter's tears turned into sobs and hiccups.

"Have you settled down?" Arthur asked as the boy nodded, wiping away his last few tears. He sat there with his hands in his lap, Arthur still kneeling awkwardly.
"Tell me, when are you gonna tell her you like her?" Arthur smugly said, Peter turned red.
"What?!" Arthur just shrugged.
"Why would I like Wendy?" The boy counterattacked. Arthur snickered.
"I didn't say anything about Wendy." 
"But yo-argh" Peter flailed his hands around but quickly gave up. He groaned. But Arthur said nothing else. The tall blonde ruffled Peter's hair and signalled him that he could leave. The boy just passed him calmly, it didn't seem like it, but he was extremely relieved. For the past five months he'd felt like garbage being thrown away. But today, today he felt like a person with value. With plenty of value.

"So?" Wendy said dryly, "What happened?"
"He apologized for throwing me away so suddenly and I was like 'it's ok' and he was like 'wow you're so good at dealing with this' and I was like 'ikr' and then he said I could go so I left." The boy explained, way too exaggerated than it needed to be. Wendy rolled her eyes, but shrugged off his lame and fake explanation. She stared at the sky, searching for something to continue the conversation. Not like she wanted to.
"Look! A rainbow!" Peter interrupted her search. To her left was a little peek of some colours of the rainbow. She stared at it.
"We should go rainbow chasing sometime." The boy announced, pointing at the rainbow.
"We'd keep on chasing the rainbow then. It's an illusion you know? There's no end to find of the rainbow." Wendy stated the facts. But Peter still looked up at the sky in awe.
"It'll still be fun though. You keep on running, only relying on the rainbow to lead you places." He thought aloud, Wendy nodded.
"I guess so." She muttered.

The two dragged their feet to Wendy's flat, almost passing it entirely. They stood at the door. Wendy knocked, then turning to Peter.
"Thanks for showing me everyone. I guess." Wendy muttered, she looked down at the stairs of her flat. Peter looked at her.
"It was my pleasure. I guess." Peter muttered back, Wendy was about to look at him, but Peter quickly looked at the ground before they could lock eyes. Arthur thankfully opened the door.
"Glad you two aren't late." Arthur said, hands on hips. Wendy walked inside and beside Arthur.
"You fine walking home?" Arthur asked, Peter nodded.
"I can't be out to late anyway." He said. Arthur then walked back inside, leaving the two to say their goodbyes.
"Till tomorrow?" Peter muttered, sticking out his pinky and extending his hand. Wendy rolled her eyes, suddenly feeling a comfortable silence.
"Till tomorrow."
They pinky promised once again. Peter walked home, quickly waving to Wendy as she closed the door. The brunette stood at the door for a while, until Arthur walked up to her, telling her not to miss him too much as he had just left a while ago. She snorted, saying she didn't miss him and quickly retreated to her room.

2 more days left.

W|N I made all these chapters in advance, so if anything sounds really weird, it's cause I haven't retouched them in a while. I might read the story over again just in case, but for now I'll just update the chapters I've got left.
Enjoy, thanks for those who've been reading. :)