Now Wendy,

It was a bright morning when Wendy woke up. Dazed by the bright light spilling through the curtains.
"Wendy darling!" Someone called as she rubbed her eyes. Erland threw a pillow at her as he still laid down in his bed. "Someone's calling you" He muttered.
"Dummy," She started, throwing the pillow back "I know" Wendy then got up and slowly walked downstairs, still dazed from just waking up. At the end of the stairs was Arthur, holding up a blue and silky dress, he handed it to her.
"Wash up, get dressed, we're going on a stroll" The blonde had casually ordered as Wendy held the dress in her hands with confusion. "A dress?" She asked, as if a dress was like wearing your shoes on your hands. Arthur nodded.
"Yes you're going to be like a lady and wear a dress." He said while moving his hand back and forth as to shoo her off. She went upstairs to her room. Upon reaching her bedroom she was met with a now-sitting-up-in-his-bed Erland, who looked just as confused as Wendy was once he saw the dress.

Wendy wasn't a girly girl, but she wasn't a tomboy. She liked pink and cute stuff but didn't go overboard with it. Which meant the dress wasn't so bad, if she liked to wear dresses in the first place. Perhaps it was a small phase she was going through, but she was not going to wear that dress. The girl pulled out her usual outfit of shorts, a shirt and a sweater out of her closet and went to take a shower.

After taking a long time in the bathroom, Wendy walked out in her usual attire and walked downstairs. Everyone was already up and she assumed Arthur had already taken a shower even earlier than her. Erland was in the kitchen with Toby, on the search for morning snacks and a cup of water. Whereas Jack stood in front of a fish tank on heir living room table, feeding some of his pet fish. Arthur, who was reading the newspaper was now standing up, silently fuming.
"Now Wendy, I told you to wear the dress" He explained, eyes closed and arms crossed.
She mimicked his pose and answered back. "I'm not wearing a dress." Arthur just opened his eyes, slightly surprised at the sass he had just received. He held himself back and stayed calm otherwise there would've been quite the throw down in the hallway.
"Fine." He sighed while grabbing the doorknob and opening the front door.
"Suit yourself"

Wendy had been quiet for the past three minutes as they walked down the sidewalk of the quiet neighbourhood. Her arms were crossed as she heavily stomped on the concrete, Arthur calmly strolled along beside her. It was a during thick silence when Arthur decided to clear his throat and speak up.
"Listen Wendy, I'm only trying to help you out." He explained as he looked at Wendy out of the corner of his eye. She said nothing in return and just continued stomping down the path. He sighed.
"I know you're cross with me. But you have to grow up sooner or later. Or else, it'll be a grave mistake" Arthur said, staring forward with sad eyes. Wendy dropped her arms to her side at stared at her uncle with confusion.
"What mistake?" She asked, the blonde man stared at her for a second and began to explain.
"Well, imagination is fun and all, but it's dangerous to have too much of it. Then there'll be no more reality for you to deal with. Then while you're in your world of imagination, reality will just go by without you and..... " He started, but soon trailed off and stopped in his tracks.
Wendy looked at him with worry.  "Arthur?" She called out as Arthur shook his head as to snap him out of whatever he was in.
"It's nothing. Lets go home." The man quietly muttered, taking Wendy's hand and pulling her towards the house. She scrambled a bit, but decided to give up since he seemed to be remembering things he didn't want to remember.

They reached home and Arthur went straight to his room, claiming he was terribly drowsy and needed a nap. Wendy, out of pity, threw on the blue dress she had rejected a while ago. She decided to wear it for the whole day, or until Arthur saw her and was in a good mood.

W|N Man I wonder what Arthur is so sad about. Fear not reader, I've planned an extremely heart throbbing story about it with 100% feels. Or have I? Eheh hope you enjoyed!