Snitch

Kion

Mom, Timon, and Pumba finally return back home. I didn't see dad or Kiara though. Where are they I wonder? I race down Pride Rock.

"Mom!"

"Kion?"

I rub my furry body against mom's front legs. She purrs licking the top of my head and smile.

I try to look behind her. "Where's dad and Kiara? Are they safe??"

Mom nod her head with a chuckle. "Yes dear, they're alright. Your father is teaching Kiara a lesson." She looks up at the evening sky. "They should be back soon before the sun goes down."

"Okay and mom?"

"Yes?"

"...Do you think Kiara will be mad at me because I told on her?"

Mom sat down and pull me close. "Kion, what you did was the right thing. Okay?"

"Okay." I nod.

"Kiara could have been killed out there if you didn't witness anything. Good job!"

Mom gave me a hug then a lick on my right furry cheek. I smile purring. She moves off going to the back of Pride Rock where the lionesses are hanging out at.

Maybe mom is right...

I did do the right thing...

"All the wisdom to lead
All the courage that you need
You will find when you see
We are one"

Where is that singing coming from?

My ears twitch and I look seeing Dad and Kiara running up Pride Rock.

"As long as you live here, it's who you are." Dad said. He hugs Kiara and licks her side, lifting her body off the ground. She seems unconvinced. "You'll understand someday."

What does he mean?

A bird flutters by Kiara, circles, and flies off over the Pride Lands into the sun. Kiara looks sadly thoughtful for a second, and then turns to face the sun. Sitting down, she looks at the ground for a second, ears flat, but then looks towards the sun, ears erect.

Dad walks pass me and smile. "Hello there, son!"

I half smile. "Hey, dad. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Thank you for telling us what happened. Without you, your sister could have been killed!"

That's the same thing mom had said...

My smile grew. I felt like a hero that moment but it had soon fade away. Kiara is still facing the sun. I have to tell her...

I walk slowly forward. "...Kiara?"

Kiara look over her shoulder then turn facing back at the sun again. "Oh...hey Kion..."

I can easily sense that's she upset at me. My ears fell flat. I sat next to her.

"I'm sorry for snitching. I just had-"

"You just had to what Kion? Get me in trouble?? Thanks a lot! Now I can't go anywhere without an escort."

I look down at my paws sadly. Kiara look at me and can tell how apologetic I am. She close her eyes releasing a heavy sigh. I felt her furry arm wrap around me.

"Even though if it wasn't for you, I could have possibly died today..." She smiled.

I raise my head up meeting my eyes with hers. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"I felt kinda bad for snitching. You just made me so angry earlier. I get that your future Queen and brave and all Kiara, but sometimes you take it a little too far which often leads you to trouble. Dad told me about the Out Lands before. I promised him I wouldn't go that's why I left you. But I should have stayed to protect you from dangers..."

Kiara chuckled. "It's alright. I protected myself today!"

I look confused. "How?"

"Crocodiles tried to eat me at the river. I manage to fight back and escape."

"Awesome! I guess that is pretty brave."

We both giggle.

"But I also had met a new friend too!" She smiled wide.

"Who?"

"His name is Kovu. He's an outsider there..."

"You know dad isn't going to allow you being friends with an outsider. Right?" I say.

"I know all of that! It's just...he was so brave, fast, and strong. The way he jumped off each crocodile was amazing. We saved each other's lives back there." Kiara said, staring in a daydream.

"Hmm, I see. Sounds like you have a crush on him too."

Kiara push me over. "Ew Kion, don't be ridiculous! What is love anyway?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

We both giggle again. Kiara lean over giving me a tight hug.

"Thanks brother for looking out."

"No problem, sis!"

The both of us stood up smiling then walked inside the pride's cave as the moon began to rise above the sun.

I won't let any thing hurt my sister...