Grandcubs Or Just Cubs?

Nala

"Look at them Simba. They're both so happy!" I said, smiling.

Simba nods. "Yeah."

We're sitting at the very top of Pride Rock watching Kiara and Kovu below.

"First comes love, then comes marriage, and lastly cubs!"

"Cubs?!"

Simba's eyes widen. I burst with loud laughter.

"Oh honey, its going to happen someday. We're gonna be grandparents! How cool will that be?"

"Hopefully not now." He said, while looking over to the side.

I roll my eyes. "And why not? We were the same exact age as them when I got pregnant."

"Thats because it wasn't necessarily planned to have a cub. Remember? You were pregnant by accident, Nala."

"And look how it turned out in the end. We became wonderful parents to our son and daughter!"

Simba shook his head. "Kiara isn't ready. I don't think she can take a cub or two seriously."

I cross my furry arms. "And how would you know that?"

"Nala, let's be honest. You and I are both having this conversation right now because YOU want another cub. Correct?"

"No-"

Simba widely smirks. I throw my paws and arms in the air giving up.

"Alright, fine! You caught me...happy now?"

Simba scoots closer over to me. He rub his nose against my own. "Why you didn't just say so, dear?"

I look down nervously. "B-Because, I didn't know if you wanted another..."

"Nala, if I could, I would give you all the cubs in the whole entire world!"

"Oh Simba!"

I playfully push his face away and giggle; my furry cheeks turning a rose red.

"Now, are you sure this is what you truly want? Raising a third child is still going to be a lot of responsibility."

"Yes, I know."

"And what about Kiara and Kion?"

I swish my tail side to side. "I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to have a younger sibling. Someone to help look after and protect."

Simba looks at me up and down. "Okay and are you sure you will be able to produce another cub, Nala? I better ask Rafiki just in case."

"Simba how old do you really think I am? I'm not that old!"

"I'm not saying-"

"Humph!"

I turn around and walk away.

I may be two years older than Simba, but I ain't that darn old!

This beauty still got it hehe...

"Nala, wait!" He calls. "I'm sorry."

I continue walking away with a grin.