Finding Home

Mansa

"Ooooo who is that good looking guy?"

"Who?"

"Over there walking down the path."

"Him?"

"No the tree...yes him!"

The lioness on the right point her paw at me. She has desert sand color fur with midnight green eyes. On her muzzle she has small freckles.

"Oh okay, yeah I see now. He must be new in the area. Let's go find out!" Nodded the lioness on the left. She has coyote brown color fur, colorless paws, and midnight green eyes. On her muzzle she does not have freckles.

I'm assuming these two are sisters or maybe friends...

"No! What if he's one of those violent rouge male lions that try to mate with the pride lionesses?" Said the one on the right.

The left lioness rolled her eyes and got up walking towards my way. "Whatever. Just know that I'm not going to be the one single again when mating season comes back around."

"Hey, you take that back!"

Both of the lionesses are walking towards me now. I didn't notice until I happen to hear movements behind me through the grass. My ears twitch, I turn around seeing the two giggly lionesses.

I smile. "Well, hello there ladies!"

They continue to giggle. The lioness on the left push the lioness on the right forward and smile batting her lashes.

She seems incredibly shy. I could of sworn I heard her gulp too.

"Oh uh, hi." She waved her paw.

"Can I help you two with something?" I ask.

"My name is Hawa and this is my sister Koko. We um saw you passing by here and just wondering who you were." Said the desert sand color one.

"Oh, my name is Mansa! Nice to meet you both. I'm not here to mean trouble to you or your pride. I'm far away from home and just trying to find my way back." I said.

"What's the name of your home?" The coyote brown color one who's name is Koko.

"That I don't remember. I'm not even sure if I'm going in the right direction to tell you the truth."

Hawa raise a brow. "So are you saying you are in search for your home but don't remember what it's called?"

"Yup."

The two lionesses look at each other and fell on there bellies laughing.

What did I say funny?

"Um..."

They turn on their backs and continue laughing.

I don't have time for this.

I'm trying to get back home.

Obviously these ladies are not taking me seriously.

I turn around finishing my walk down the rest of the path.

"Wait!" Said the lioness name Hawa.

I pause. "Yes?"

Hawa stands up and trot to my left side. "I apologize for our silly behavior. We can help you if you tell us what your home looks like."

"Hmm..." I began to think.

I close my eyes trying to picture any idea in my mind on what my birth pride looks like.

"I see nice green grass and trees everywhere. Different herds of animals are grazing. At the waterhole baby hippos are playing. Life seems beautiful..."

"It sounds like it." Says Koko.

Hawa nods. "What else do you see, Mansa?"

"Lions. I'm assuming my pride..."

"Where are they?" Hawa asks, stepping closer to me with curiosity.

"Umm, at very tall rock. A large red mane lion is standing on it scanning the land. I can't see his face, it's a blurry shadow." I said, shaking my head.

"Oh, I think I know what he's talking about Hawa!" Said Koko, jumping excitedly.

Hawa nods. "Go on, tell us sister."

"It's where the King and Queen of our pride always go to every summer for a royal meeting. Ah! What is that place called..."

The three of us sat thinking long and hard. Then finally a light bulb pops above Hawa's head.

"Pride Rock!" She yells, happily.

I look confused. "Pride who?"

"Pride Rock!" She repeated, smiling. "That has to be what you're talking about. It's home of the great Kings!"

Koko nods. "Yeah, I always wished I live there. They have all varieties of delicious prey to chose from. Let's not forget the muscular male lions there too!"

Hawa roll her eyes. "Koko how do you know the male lions at Pride Rock are muscular and you haven't even step foot there?"

"I don't know Hawa, but I know there's something good about them. Maybe I'll find the right guy if I go."

"Don't be ridiculous!"

I shake my head chuckling.

These two must of forgotten that I'm here.

"Ladies? Sorry to interrupt but, can you both tell me more about this...Pride Rock place that could perhaps be my home?" I ask.

They both nod smiling wide and said, "Yes, sure!" In unison.

I lay down getting comfortable knowing this going to be a good long story.

Maybe they'll help me get back my memory...