Save The Princess

Kion

I walk up Pride Rock. Kiara zooms right pass me. She's heading straight to the fields. I stand puzzled for a second then remembered that today is her first real hunt.

Oh my gosh, I missed everything!

I missed Kiara getting prepared before she had left...

Mother and father are going to be so disappointed...

I hurry the rest of the way up Pride Rock and found mother and father both talking to Rafiki.

"Don't worry your majesty, the Princess will be safe and sound. The Pride Lands have a lot of watchful eyes now. I told them to report any suspicion they see. Plus, we have Kion and his lion guard team." Said Rafiki.

Mother nods. "He's right, honey. Kiara will be okay."

Father, still looking unsure, somewhat nod his head and let out a sigh. He forces a smile. "Alright."

I step slowly forward, their eyes now focusing on me.

"Kion, where have you been all this time? Timon and Pumbaa had tried looking for you earlier." Said father.

"Checking the boarders with Bunga. I know, I totally had forgotten about Kiara. I'm sorry..." I say, looking down at my paws ashamed.

Mother steps closer to me and lick my nose. "This is the third time this week that your late for something. Maybe it's time you take a break from this lion guard, son. You've been so addicted and very tired I notice."

"Mother I can't! I was born to save the Pride Lands and I'm doing a perfect job at it too."

"Your mother is right, Kion. Maybe a day or two you can rest home and let Fuli take over your position." Said father.

I roll my eyes to the side. "Fine..."

But then I thought...

"What if the team needs me?"

Rafiki and mother both chuckle.

What's funny?

I was being serious...

"Kion." Father says, in a demanding tone.

Finally giving up I said, "Okay."

I slowly walk to the pride's cave and went inside.

Great...

Nothing to do...

I lay down resting my head over my front paws.

Let's just hope there isn't any danger today...

"No... no! Kiara! Zazu! Fly ahead. Find her!"

I raise my head twitching my ears.

That sound just like father's voice...

Something must be wrong...

I quickly got up and ran out the cave. Mother and the lionesses are on they're way down Pride Rock.

"Mother, what's going on? Where is father??" I ask, running up to her side.

"Your sister is in trouble. There's a fire in the hunting grounds. We must hurry and hope to make it there in time before it's too late." She replied, worried.

"Now can I get with the Lion Guard team?"

"Yes, go son. Be careful!"

I gave mother a smile. She returned it. I watch her ran the rest of the way down Pride Rock with the pride lionesses behind her. Me? I went the opposite direction.

I let out two loud roars calling my team. I sit and wait patiently for them.

"Kion?" Fuli called.

She comes up from behind.

"I got your message, what seems to be the emergency?"

"My sister is in danger. Fire may be her killer if we don't hurry now." I said. "Where are the others?"

"We're here Kion. Let's go rescue the Princess!" Said Bunga, arriving with Beshte and Ono.

I smile at them nodding and ran following the direction of the black fiery smoke straight ahead.