Training/New Friend

Kovu

The sun peek its way inside the dark cave. I cover my eyes turning on my left side with a groan.

Sun rise already?

That means it's time for training...

Ugh!

I remove my paw from my green eyes and stood up with a long stretch. I notice not all the lionesses are here. Some of them must of gone hunting already. My sister Vitani is sleeping cuddled next to my big brother Nuka.
Even though the two constantly argue, some where deep in their hearts they still love each other.

I smile at them and quietly exit out the cave to meet mother at our normal training area. There I found her sitting, her tail moving impatiently back and forth.

"Come on, come on, we don't have all morning." She said.

I rush forward. "Good morning, mother!"

"Good morning young Prince! Today I'm going to teach you how to sneak up and attack your opponent."

"Cool! I've been waiting so long for this. Trust me mother, I've been practicing a lot with Vitani."

Mother smirks. "So your saying your good huh? Let's see you try it on me."

I smile excitedly. "Okay!"

"I'm going to go further away. You hide some place else! Try not to make any sudden movements. That's how you lose a battle. You want to surprise the enemy."

I nod and watch mother walk away. Once she was no longer visible, I quickly search for a place to hide. Ahead I spot a tall gray rock. Perfect! I squat low behind it and wait.

Out of no where a blue butterfly comes and land on top of the rock.

Come on Kovu, don't get distracted...

The butterfly flutter its wings. I growl getting into a hunter position ready to pounce.

Don't...

I stop and sit.

The butterfly flies off the rock and sits on my nose. I roll my eyes as I began to sneeze.

"Aaaah...chooooo!"

The sneeze had sent me flying backwards. The butterfly flies away. I got up rubbing my nose.

"Distracted by a little pretty butterfly huh?" Said a voice.

I look up and see mother glaring down at me.

"Sorry..." I chuckle innocently.

"Kovu, you can not let things like that easily distract you. This is not a game!You must stay focus at all times. If this was a real battle you would have already been targeted."

Mother was angry. I nod trying to understand.

"Now, let's start over."

She turn around walking back to where she was. I hide behind the rock again.

Stay focus Kovu...