Prince Of The Out Lands

Kovu

Mother drops me on the ground once we made it back in the Out Lands. My sister Vitani pounces next to me.

"Hey, Kovu. You wanna... fight?" She snarls.

Mother turns to my big brother Nuka, who becomes visibly frightened. "You were supposed to be watching him!"

"It's not his fault! I went off on my own!" I admit.

Mother angrily turns to me, backing me along the ground with her words.

"What were you doing?" She asks.

"N-nothing!" I lied.

"Who has made us Outsiders?"

"Simba!"

"Who killed Scar?"

"Simba!"

"And what have I told you about them?"

"Sorry, mother! Sh-she didn't seem so bad. I thought we could be-"

"Friends?" Mother finished. "You thought you'd get to the daughter. And Simba would welcome you with open arms? What an idea!" She reconsiders. "What an idea! You brilliant child. I'm so proud of you!" She kneads me with unsheathed claws as I look frightened. "You have the same conniving mind that made Scar so...POWERFUL."

"Ugh.." Nuka rolls his eyes.

Mother glares and snarls at Nuka, then picks me up. She carries me into a cave, as Nuka glowers.

"Ugh. The chosen one." I heard him say.

Mother carries me into the den, and deposits me in a hollow tree trunk. I land with a grunt.

"I now see the path to our glorious return to power!" She said.

"But I don't want-"

"Hush! Hush, my little one. You must be exhausted."

Mother begins to sing a lullaby to me.

Sleep, my little Kovu
Let your dreams take wing
One day when you're big and strong
You will be a king

She tucks me in.

I smile. "Good night..."

She smiles back. "Good night, my little prince. Tomorrow, your training intensifies."

**********

Morning arrived the next day. I woke up, stretch, and walked out of the den. I didn't see Vitani any where. Hmm, that's odd...

I spot Nuka as usual talking to Dotty. Dotty is a lioness in our pride. Her and Nuka are the same exact age. Something is telling me he likes her. But to be honest, I don't even know what love is or look like. Maybe they're just friends.

Rawr!!

"Huh?...Ah!"

I was tackled down by Vitani. She laughed, "Pin ya again Kovu!"

I growl and playfully paw at her face. Vitani giggle, biting down on my neck gently. This is something we do everyday. Play fight!

"Your never going to beat me, Kovu. Just give up already!"

"Never!"

Nuka comes forward with Dotty at his side. "What are you little termites doing?"

Vitani got off me and frowned. "Play fighting, duh!"

Dotty chuckles. I climb up on Nuka's back and lay on top of his head.

"Let's go on an adventure, brother!" I suggest.

"Uh, no. Dotty and I are going some place else." Said Nuka.

"Where? Mother went to go hunt and said you have to stay here and watch us!" Said Vitani, smirking.

"Well, maybe later we can go Nuka." Dotty says.

"Alright..."

Dotty turn around and went to go join the other lionesses. Nuka glare down at Vitani. She gave him the biggest smile. I laughed shaking my head.