Judgement

Kovu

The antelopes are grazing in the valley, along with various birds. A antelope spook at something near the Princess, and they turn and begin to gallop off.

The Princess gives a chase. Soon, though, she notices the fire burning on the horizon, and the antelopes turn and run back in her direction. She panics, turns, and begins to run back the way she came; antelopes and birds follow her. High above the flames, mother and I sit watching.

"The plan is in motion." Mother pause then yell, "Go!"

I run down the slope, toward Pride Rock. The Princess is following a pair of zebras away from the flames, but finds herself trapped and hemmed in on all sides, choking on the thick smoke. She sees a high stone overhang above the flames; she leaps up and tries to climb up the side, but she falls unconscious upon reaching the top.

I appear from the smoke and loom over her; she wakes for a moment and sees me baring my teeth down at her, then loses consciousness again. I grab the nape of her neck and throw her body on top of mine, and begin to carry her away from the fire.

I leap across with flames roaring, and then tumble with the Princess down a slope into a pool of water, where the Princess begins to sink. I dive down for her and drag her to shore.

She wakes up, gasping for breath. "Where am I?"

"You're safe... in the Pride Lands." I reply.

"The Pride Lands... no! Why did you bring me here? Who do you think you are?"

"I think I'm the one who just saved your life!"

"Look! I had everything under control!"

"Not from where I'm standing."

"Then move downwind."

We confront each other. The Princess begins jumping from side to side, as she had done in our earlier encounter as cubs. Soon my interest is piqued.

"What are you doing?"

Finally recognizing me she asks, "Kovu?"

"Kiara!"

Simba and the lionesses from Pride Rock arrive. Simba jumps in front of Kiara, snarling and growling at me.

"Kiara! You're all right." A lioness voice says.

Kiara frowns at Simba. "Father... how could you break your promise?"

"It's a good thing I did. I almost lost you. No more hunts for you; not ever!" He said, serious and angry.

"But I was doing just fine! Even before Kovu--"

"Kovu?" He roars at me again.

The lioness close beside Kiara surprised at Simba's ferocity says, "Simba?"

Simba glares at her.

An old baboon is standing on the hillside behind Simba.

"Hey! You! How dare you save the King's daughter?" He said.

Simba concerned turn away from Kiara and look at me. "You saved her? Why?"

"I humbly ask to join your pride." I bow.

"No! You were banished with the other Outsiders."

"I have left the Outsiders. I am a rogue. Judge me now, for what I am... or am I to be blamed for a crime I didn't commit?"

Simba snarls and paces around. The lioness who I now assume is Simba's mate and Kiara's mother, looks hard at him.

"Simba... you owe him your daughter's life." She says.

Hmm, she seems to be the only one who has sense here...

A hornbill flies down and sit in front of Simba. "Mmm... yes, sire. Clearly we are in his debt... and royal protocol demands that all debts be paid. Though in this case you might want to make an exception."

Simba paces a few moments more, then comes to a decision.

"Hmmm. My father's law will prevail. For now, I reserve judgment. We'll see who you really are." He said.

I smile inwardly and look sidelong at Kiara, who smiles back at me. The hornbill turns his back on me.

"Hmph! Riffraff."

He flies off. All make their way back to Pride Rock, with me walking behind Simba and growling to myself.

"Mother, father!" A voice yell.

It's coming from behind. I look over my shoulder seeing a cheetah, bird, hippo, honey badger, and lion come running fast forward. The lion looks exactly like Simba just younger.

"Kion?" Kiara stop walking and look over her shoulder with a large smile.

The lion laughs. "Kiara your alive!!"

The two run up to each other and hug. Simba and the rest of the pride stop walking.

"I thought I wasn't going to ever see my sister again." The male said.

Sister?

"Kion, I'm not going any where." She says, head budding him.

The pride watch the two Royal siblings with warm smiles.

Since when Kiara has a brother?

"How did you escape? Those flames were incredibly high! Father saved you?"

Kiara shook her head and look at me. "No. He did!"

Kiara stand aside so her brother can see me. His eyes scan me up and down. His once happy smile changed to an angry look. He growls at me.

"You..." He said.

Kiara look at us both confused. "You two met before?"

"Oh yes, I remember Kovu. The one who said when he's King, he'll come back and get rid of me. Why is he back in the Pride Lands and saving you?!"

I growl loudly at him.

Kion, the Lion Guard leader...

Oh I didn't forget who you are...

Mad cause me and your sister are back talking?

Pfft! Get a grip...

Simba steps in between us. "There will be no fighting or arguing between you two. Kovu is staying with us based on judgement. He claims that he's a changed lion who is no longer an outsider. I do owe him for saving your sister's life..."

Kion growls. "Making him stay in the Pride Lands is an reward? No! Father, I'm sorry but I do not trust this outsider. He is the son of Zira following Scar's paw prints."

Simba's mate now steps in. "Kion, listen to your father and watch your temper. Your father knows exactly what he is doing."

"Whatever..."

Kion begins to walk away. He bump his  right shoulder hard against mines. I growl at him again. Kiara roll her eyes.

"Please ignore him." She said.

I roll my eyes and start following the rest of the pride towards Pride Rock. Kiara leaps behind me like a cub.