Not Welcome

Kopa

"Guys, I'm hungry. It's been two whole weeks without food. We gotta eat something!" Kam whines.

Chris annoyed roll his eyes. "Eat what Kam? We haven't spot any prey yet. Nothing but sand from this freaking desert!"

"I'm thirsty too!"

"Kam!"

We've been traveling in the desert for days and went two whole weeks without food or water. We're very tired but have to keep going. Our paradise home is some where ahead, I just know it.

"Kopa, can we stop now and rest under the shade for a while? The heat is starting kick in again." Said Kam.

"No. We must keep going. I see green up ahead, that means fresh land!" I said, leading the two.

"We'll get there once the sun goes down. It's too hot! We need to save our energy." Said Chris.

I stop walking. I stare ahead then turn around looking at them both.

I sigh, "Alright."

We walk to find some shade. Kam found a large enough tree for us to all lay under.

"Man, my paws are sore from all that walking." Said Chris, licking them.

I couldn't stop thinking about that green I had saw earlier. I know it's land, it has to be. I am determined to find out. After resting for an good hour or two, we all got back up and hit the road again.

"Kopa, slow down!" Said Chris.

"Yeah! You act like your in a big hurry or something." Said Kam.

Almost there...

I'm getting closer to the green. I now can see...ANIMALS!

I smile. "Paradise!"

I speed up my kicking pace leaving Kam and Chris far behind. The sandy ground turns to soft, wet, green grass. The air smells fresh. I look and see prey walking every where. The land is beautiful indeed. I look to my right and found...WATER!

I run over to the lake and lap up as much water my body can take.

So cold...

"Water!" Kam beams.

Kam joins beside me. Chris instead jumps into the lake to cool himself off.

"Oh water, I missed you!" Said Kam.

I stop drinking the water and look around at the animals nearby.

"Okay fellas, what are we going to eat?" I ask.

Chris walks out of the lake shaking his wet fur dry, getting Kam wet in the process. "I don't know, it's hard to choose. There's zebra, antelope, gazelle,  giraffe, wilder beast!"

"Im going for that old wilder beast over there." I point.

Kam nod. "Good choice. Let's hunt!"

The three of us got down and quietly tip toe over to the wildebeest herd.

"Kam you go right and Chris you take left. I have the center!" I said.

They nod.

"Go!"

We jump out surprising the herd. They scatter away. I growl sprinting towards them. Chris makes the attack pouncing on the old wildebeest back. The wildebeest yelps and slow down. Kam claws at the legs. The wildebeest falls. I come in finally making the kill.

Success!

We all sat eating our prize. Things were good until...

ROAAAAAAR!!!!!

"What's that?" Kam asks, with mouth still full of bloody meat.

"A male lion. We must be on some one else territory. Move now!" I say, getting quickly up.

"Not so fast!" A voice yells.

I turn around. A lion comes fast straight towards me. I try to escape but got tackled down. Kam and Chris are no where to be found.

"Who are you food stealer?!"

"The name is Kopa and I ain't no food stealer!"

"Your in some one else property and eating their food. Wouldn't that make you a stealer?" He growled.

I struggle to get up. "Get off me!"

I use my paw to swipe at the male's face. He jumps off.

"You're in the Pride Lands pal. The exit is that way."

"Thanks."

I glare at him then turn around leaving. I could've fought him right there if I wanted to. But I must play nice. He definitely smelled like a royal though. Probably the King or Prince.

Tuh, I tell you about them Royals....

I find Kam and Chris hiding behind a tall large bush.

"Who the heck was that?" Kam asks.

I shrug. " I don't know, but let's go. We're not welcome here by no means. Our paradise is probably some place else."

They both nod. We began to walk to the Pride Lands exit. The male secretly watch us from behind until we were out of sight.