Evening Date

Zawadi

"Zawadi!"

Here comes the Queen now...

I roll my eyes while standing myself up. "Yes, your highness?"

"I have another male for you to meet. We may have found the right one after all!" She says. "Don't mess this one up!"

Man, I'm tired of there's stinking blind dates!

"Alright. Where is he?"

"He's with Nahabi at the river. Come on, we have to get you ready!"

I raise a brow. "What's wrong with how I look now?"

The Queen starts leading the way to the pride's cave. She shook her head, "Mmh, it's not enough."

Well, excuse me then!

"All of this is unnecessary your highness. I love the way I look. If a guy can't accept how you look, then you don't change for him. Have you ever heard of being yourself?"

The Queen pause. She stare down at her paws the look over here shoulder at me. "No. Now come along Zawadi, we don't have all day to gossip!"

I sigh and slowly follow behind her.

Maybe the Queen could use a blind date herself...

"Ah, perfect! Here it is."

The Queen lean down reaching for something. She turn around and place a white flower on the side of my left ear.

"It makes your eyes look stunning!" She smiled.

I roll my eyes again.

"Oh cheer up for once. You might actually like this guy."

Nope, I won't...

"We'll just have to see about that."

We both walk up to the river. I found Nahabi sitting down. He's talking loud about the Queen. Then I look next to him seeing the mystery male. He's the same height and size as Nahabi, tall and big. Big as in muscular. His name color is dark tannish-grey and fur color some shade mixture of brown.

The two both turn their heads facing the Queen and I with smiles as we reach closer to them.

"Greetings your highness!" The male smiles, bowing.

The male has blue eyes and a black nose that's shaped differently. On his left ear he has a strange marking. A marking that I've never seen before on anyone. Maybe he's come from a different pride? Based on his facial looks, he seems a young adult like me.

The Queen returns the smile. "Hello, sir! You must be...?"

"Ashur."

"Ashur, nice meeting you although we've already met yesterday."

I shyly stand behind the Queen. She moves aside on purpose exposing me to the male.

The male chuckles at me. "And this beautiful lady must be, Zawadi?"

I awkwardly wave my paw. "Oh, hi."

He comes forward. I stumble backwards (which I don't know how), but the male safely catches me in his furry arms.

"Careful there!" He says.

"Put me down! I wasn't going to fall. I was...I was...." I frown.

"You were what?"

He puts me down.

"Nothing. Let's just get this date over with."

The Queen starts walking away with Nahabi back to the pride. "Have fun you two! Play nice Zawadi."

I roll my eyes after she turned her back leaving. It instantly got quiet fast. The only sound you could hear was the water from the river hitting the bank back and forth.

"Sooooo." The male breaks out the silence. "My name is Ashur. I'll begin telling some cool facts about myself."

I lay down. "Go ahead."

This is going to be a loooong evening...