War

Simba

After clearing my mind, I walk back to Pride Rock. I was wrong for snapping at Kiara the way I did. Nala was right. I went too far this time. I thought about Kovu and how he really made Kiara happy.

Maybe he was innocent...

The sky begin to rumble. Dark clouds form together. It's about to storm. I need to take cover quick! A rain drop or two hit my nose. As I get close to Pride Rock, the rain starts to pour down. I rush inside the cave and found Timon and Pumba wrestling.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Good question! Now let me ask one." Timon said.

"Hippo-thetically..." Said Pumba.

"Very hypo-thetical, there's this guy..."

"But he's not a lion..."

"No! No, he's not a lion... yeesh."

I am looking amused.

"Definitely not a lion. And, uh... uh... his daughter, um, say... vanished."

"Kiara is gone?" I frown.

Zazu flies into shot.

"Sire! The Outsiders are on the attack... heading this way! It's war!"

"Zazu! Find Kiara! We'll assemble the lionesses. Move! Now!"

I rush out the cave in search for Nala.

Where is she?

She can't be far...

"Simba?"

I turn around finding Nala and the hunting party behind her. They brought a male zebra home for dinner.

"Zira and her outsiders are in the Pride Lands now. She wants war! We need to get all of our strongest lionesses together." I said.

Nala nods.

I notice Kiara isn't with Nala and the hunting party.

Where is she?

"Where's our daughter? If Zira gets a hold of her I swear-"

"I don't know where Kiara went. She ran off after you left."

I start walking down Pride Rock. "Hopefully we'll come across her. Let's  move!"

Nala, the rest of the lionesses, Timon and Pumba all follow behind me. A storm gathers as my pride and Zira's close on the field of battle. Rain mats my mane. Prey animals skitter away from between us. Buzzards circle overhead. Outsiders and Pride Landers face each other across the field. When all are assembled, Timon and Pumbaa moon the Outsiders.

"Nah nah nah nah nah nah!"

"It's over, Simba! I have dreamed of nothing else for years!" Said Zira.

"Boy... does she need a hobby." Said Timon.

"Last chance, Zira. Go home." I warn.

"I am home!"

Lightning flashes and thunder cracks.

"Attack!"

The two opposing lines advance toward each other, first walking, then picking up speed until we hit at a full run. Zira coaches her pride from a high rock.

"Go for the eyes! Break his jaw! Hit him low! Get them! Do what you must!"

Zira is laughing as she views the battle turning in her favor.

"Simba..." She jumps down. "you're mine!"

She and her two backup lionesses approach me. I'm fighting off several enemies at once. The lionesses part, making way for Zira and me to fight one-on-one. Just as we are about to land the first blows, Kiara and Kovu leap into the scene, and stand between the us two enemies.

"Kiara?" I question.

"Kovu!" Zira growls. He stares at her, his eyes narrowing at her mention of his name. "Move."

"Stand aside."

"Daddy, this has to stop." Said Kiara.

"You're even weaker than I thought. Get out of the way!" Zira tells Kovu.

"You'll never hurt Kiara... or Simba. Not while I'm here." Kovu growls.

Zira gasp.

"Stay out of this!" I tell Kiara.

"A wise King once told me, We are one. I didn't understand what he meant... now I do." Kiara said.

"But... they..."

"Them... us. Look at them... they are us. What differences do you see? Aren't we all part of the Circle of Life?"

I pause. The battle has stopped. As Kiara and I look at one another, the clouds part and the rain stops. Finally, we nuzzle each other. Nala, who stands beside me smiles.