Saying Goodbye And Hello To Freedom

Kopa

"Chase? Chaaaaseeee!!"

My ears twitch.

Darla?

"Come here boy!"

"Darla!"

She whistles. I run straight to Darla pinning her roughly down. She falls laughing.

"Come on Chase, you know you can't jump on me like this anymore. Your too big now!" She laughed.

If your wondering who is Chase...

Chase is the name the human Darla had given me when I first came here as a young cub...

They give all animals here names...

Darla scratch her fingers through my large bushy mane. "You've gotten so handsome. Soon it'll be mating season for you. By summer we should have new Cubs!"

Mating?!

Cubs?!

Whoa there lady...

I got off Darla so she can stand. She hugs me tight and smile. My two new friends Kam and Chris walk up. They both taught me how to trust these humans here and how to get close to Darla. Darla is the human who cleans, feed, and play with us daily.

"I'll be back later guys!" Darla waves.

We watch until she's out of full sight.

"So, about busting out of here." Said Kam.

Chris smirks. "Here's the plan!"

We all lean in close.

"Kopa distracts Darla. Kam and I try to find the key to unlock this black beeping thing off of our leg. Once that's taken care of, we dig deep and climb under the fence."

I frown. "How come Kam isn't the one distracting Darla? He's good with tricks!"

Kam chuckles. "Because your the ladies man, duh!"

"Come on, let's get this plan started!" Said Chris, walking away.

I sigh rolling my eyes.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so attractive...

I look around trying to think of a smart way to distract Darla.

Hmm...

Bingo!

I walk up to today's lunch and did a little tinkle.

If you know what I mean...

Yeah I know, not so smart...

Hey, it was all I could think of!

"Oh Chase! No, what have you done?" I hear Darla angrily say.