Family Reunion

Sarafina

*Flash Back*

I was laying behind Pride Rock. My grandchildren Kiara and Kion are with me for the day, while their parents went with Zazu for something. I didn't mind it. I love being with my grand cubs. Spending this much time with them is good because my time could end much sooner.

My days are becoming shorter...

I can just feel it...

"Grandma, can you tell us one more story?" Kion asks, smiling.

Kiara nod. "Yeah, please?"

I chuckle. "Alright. It was a cold quiet night and a-"

"Sarafina, Sarafina!"

Someone is calling me...

My ears twitch. I look ahead seeing a pride lioness run forward.

"Yes, dear?" I ask.

"King Simba and Queen Nala are back. They've found someone special and brought them to Pride Rock! I was sent to come bring you."

"Is it someone I know?"

She smiled excitedly. "Yes! Now enough with the questions and come on. I can't tell you who it is its a surprise."

Surprise?

"Okay. My grand children will have to come too. I can't just leave them here alone." I said, standing up. "I'm baby sitting!"

"That's fine. This is going to be good for them too."

Good for them too?

Hmmm... What's going on here?

I follow behind the lioness with Kiara and Kion riding on my back. We're now in the fields. I was beginning to ask another question until I heard Kiara shout...

"Daddy!"

I look ahead seeing both Simba and Nala talking with huge smiles.

Why is everyone all smiling big?

Did I miss something??

We walk up to them.

"Hello daughter and son-in law!" I greet.

"Mommy, daddy!!" Kiara and Kion both yell. They jump down from my back and ran up happily to their parents.

Simba leans down and chuckle. "Hey you two!"

"So, what's the surprise?" I ask.

Nala walks up closer to me. "Mother after all these long lost years, your son is alive."

Your son is alive?

No, impossible!

"Impossible. It's been way too long Nala. Your brother couldn't possibly be living. If Mheetu was, he would of been made a return by now. Plus Scar had made it clear that the hyenas had took care of him. Just leave the past alone. My son is never coming back. He's gone!"