Chapter 9

"Hailey your worthless," Ben yelled, "No guy wants to date you. Your an ugly ass slut." He looked at me and laughed. "The only reason you have me is because I pitty you. Be lucky I haven't left you," he said slamming the car door and leaving. "Hailey," someone said shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Danny. "Are you ok," he asked. "I'm fine," I said brushing the tears away. "Are you sure," he asked. "Danny. I'm fine," I said harshly. His eyes widened at the tone of my voice. "I'm sorry," I said looking down. "It's ok," he said rubbing my back. "It's not tho. I just yelled at you. Just because I'm sad doesn't make that ok," I said. "Do you want me to be mad," Danny asked. I laughed a little. "Just forget about it," I sighed. "Well I got you breakfast. And school is soon," Danny said. "You didn't have to buy me breakfast. But thank you," I smiled as I opened the dunkin donuts bag pulling out an everything bagel. "Is it ok. I asked you brother what you like..," I cut him off. "It's my usual. And you asked my brother. That's sweet," I smiled. He blushed. I quickly ate my breakfast and talked to Danny. But then I asked him to leave the room so I could get dressed. I went to my closet. Ok so today... Baggy band tee, skinny jeans, beanie, vans. I put it all on and then went to curl and brush my hair and then brush my teeth. When I looked in the mirror I somewhat smiled. I looked not so....ugly. "Well let's get to school," I smiled too Danny as I ran down the stairs. "After you ma lady," Danny said. "Well thank you kind sir," I bowed walking outside to see my dad and a 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby. "New car dad," I asked. "Yeah. Drive save," he smiled throwing me with keys. "Wait it's mine," I asked excitedly. "Yeah don't make me regret it," he said walking into the house.