Chapter 40

-Day of the Funeral-

Danny's Pov;

It was an open casket. She looked beautiful but she'd look even more beautiful if she was alive. Her family members where scattered among the funeral home. I could only imagine what her dad was going through. He had lost his wife and now his only daughter. Everyone showed up. Me, Danny, Emily, Zach, Matthew, Paul, even Hayes. I was just staring into her eyes. Her beautiful blue eyes. They looked so lifeless. I couldn't take it anymore I needed some air. And apparently so did Hayes. He looked at me. "I fucked up," he said to me or is he talking to me? "I treated her like shit," he cried, "And you know what she doesn't even know how much I actually care. I made a mistake. I signed up for a stupid job. This guy. Ben said she was a bitch. A slut. And you know what I fell in love. In stupid stupid love. Cause she was incredibly beautiful and amazing. I shouldn't have agreed to it. He said if he died to go to California. And he died. I should have known. I'm so stupid," he said slamming his head against the wall. "I should be dead. I...," he started running. "Hayes where are you going?" He didn't say anything or stop he just kept running. I should follow him. I started running after him. He stopped in a nice area. It was in the woods but it was a nice green area. Then out of nowhere he pulled out a gun causing me to jump back. He pointed at me and then put it to his head. "Whoa Hayes put the." BANG. His body fell to the ground. He was dead. Blood gushing from his head. I wanted to cry. Why. Why did I have to witness this. First Hailey. Now Hayes. But I guess that's how it ends. I headed home the thoughts of what had just happened in my head. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep. THE END.

--

Hope you guys enjoyed this story. And as always I will see you in the next story.