Chapter 22

"Thanks for ditching me," I said walking past him. He went to say something but I shut the door in his face. "Hey are cousins coming over with his friend tomorrow," Jayden said. "Wait we have a cousin who lives here," I said confused. "Yeah. He's like in his 20's. Dad said he's cool." "Cool. It's not a girl. So I just know Emily," I said. Don't get me wrong Emily is super cool but like I want more than one girl friend. But hey at least I have one. "Who's Emily," Jayden asked. "A girl. Who's my friend. And I know that look. Don't get any ideas. You friend stealer," I said heading upstairs. "But is she cool. Possibly hot," I heard him yell from downstairs. I just laughed. I went to enter my room and saw Nash. I went to scream but he covered my mouth. "Don't scream. I just came to tell you something......Stay away from my brother. Or you'll regret it," he said removing his hand and jumping out of my window. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Hayes.
Hailey: Your brother just threatened me. Is it bad I'm scared.
Hayes: He what. I'll be over there soon
Hailey: He said to stay away from you
Hayes: He never said anything about me staying away from you
Hailey: True
I waited about 15 minutes and then there was a knock on my window. I went to it and saw Hayes sitting on the balcony type thing. "Open the window," his muffled voice said. I opened the window and was instantly brought into a hug. "Are you ok," he asked. "I'm fine, just kind of scared." "Do you want me to stay here tonight," he asked. "Yeah. But my dad might get mad," I confessed. Well if he does just blame it on me," he said sitting down on my bed. "OK." And with that he pulled me onto the bed holding me in his arms.
--
Above is Hailey and Jayden.