Movie Night

August in MM

August

Devronica pulled into her friend's driveway. This has ta be the craziest thing I ever done. I just met this girl today, and I'm already going somewhere with ha. She just a cool ass girl ta be honest witcha. I just wish she would stop hiding ha accent around me. It's kinda cute. She turned off the car and looked at me. "Um, are we gon get out da car?"

"Yeah, I was just about to tell you something."

"I'm listenin."

She sighed. "I don't want to go to the club because I'm underage, so if my friend asks, cover for me."

"Ight. I gotchu," I said as I opened the car door.

We walked into the condo. It was big as hell. This guh only 19, and got a house like this? She must be making drops or sum. Devronica led me out of the hallway, and into the front room.

"You can sit down," Devronica said, as she opened the pizza we picked up on the way ova hea.

"Ight. Where ya friend at? Ya prolly tricked me, and it's really just me and you," I said, while laughing.

She laughed. She got a cute ass laugh.

"Lani, get out here!"

Her friend and a boy came out the back room togetha. What was they doing in thea? Her hair was all ova ha head, and he looked hella happy. "Hey, how y'all doin? I'm August," I said while shaking the dude hand.

"Waddup, I'm Chris," he replied.

"So, what movie we supposed ta be watchin? I bought a few. Dey in the car tho," I ain't bring no horror movies, cause I'm really not wit dat shit.

"Well, we're going to watch Mean Girls."

I raised one of my eyebrows. Dis guh really expected me ta sit up here, and watch some damn Mean Girls. What da hell is a Mean Girls, and why she put so much emphasis on dat s? "You mean dat movie with them 5 la girls in high school or whateva?"

Devronica came sat next to me. "Lani, can we please watch something else? I've watched this movie thousands of times,"she said, helping me out a little.

"Y'all aren't any fun. We'll watch Ride Along, then," Lani said while putting the movie in the DVD playa.

They put out a blanket on the floor, and everybody got on it. I made sho ta sit by Devronica. I plan on asking her on a date, but we need ta hang out fa a few mo days first.

Lani and Chris snuggled up close together, while Roni and I watched the movie. I jus want ta hold ha hand, but I'm not go do it.

Soon, nobody was payin attention to tha movie. Chris and Lani were making out, and Roni and me were jus talkin ta each otha. It felt like we could talk fa hours. She's just an interestin person ta me.

Finally the movie ended. I just wanted ta see what was the next move.

"I really wanna go to the club. Roni, you don't have a fake i.d?"

Roni had mentioned something about this earlier. I could tell that she was a good girl. "Nah, y'all can go. We'll jus stay hea," I said, while motioning for Roni to follow me outside.

As soon as we stepped outside she rammed into me with a hug. I almost fell my ass down. "Well ga damn, knock me down then."

"Thank you. If you wouldn't have been here, I probably would've gone. I already told her I'm underage, and she act like she forgot that quick."

"It's no problem. I noticed by the look on ya face dat you ain't really wanna go to dat club. So you wanna do sum until they get back?"

"Well, I'm go have the car so we can go somewhere. It's only 9:00."

"Let's go ta Pizza Hut. I want some mo pizza, and I tol my grandmo I was go be home at a certain time."

She motioned for me to get in the car, and we drove off.

"So what time do you have to be home?"

"Ga damn, we ain't ever been on the first date and you already checkin fa me," I said playfully.

She laughed. "Well, August, if we do ever date, be prepared. I've only had one boyfriend, but I do know how to keep dat ass in line, ya feel me?"

I held my heart. Thea that accent go. "Well shoot me down, finally talking like ya self. You sound just like New-New from ATL." Her real voice was sexy as hell. I wish she would talk in it more often.

"Oh I know. That's why I try to stop talking like that," she said, as we pulled into the parking lot.

I got out of the car, and waited fa ha. As soon as we walked into Pizza Hut, dat strong scent hit me. I love da smell of pizza.

We sat down at a booth, ordered, and had a full blown conversation.

After our meal was done, we rode around a little bit until it was time for me to go home.

"You want me to drop you off at home? Cause I know you didn't call your cousin," Roni offered.

"This supposed ta be goin da otha way around. You can drop me off tho."

15 minutes later, she pulled into my grandmo driveway. "Well, the night ends hea."

"Yeah, I enjoyed spending time with you."

"I'm go call ya when I get out the shower. A nigga feel dirty dirty," I said while laughin.

"Awe man, me to. I'm go slide in the shower when I make it home, and I'll be waiting."

"Alright, can you get out da car? I wanna give ya a hug befo I go inna house," I said while getting out of the car.

She got out of the car, and came around to the other side. I hugged her small frame. After about 15 seconds of hugging, I slowly walked inside my grandma house, and hopped in the shower so I could call Roni.

***

Hey. I was supposed to update yesterday, but the way my energy set up.
I'll try to update twice tonight

Follow me on Instagram: caramel._mocha