Continued

Devronica

After we put all of my stuff into the car, we decided to chill at Lani's for a bit. August agreed to stay but, I could tell that he really didn't want to. I didn't just wanna pack my stuff, and leave. I mean, she's still my best friend. August chilled on the hood of the car while I stood between his legs. "Babe, if you wanna leave, we can go. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

"Nah. I know how much ya want things to be straight between you and ya lil friend. I'll stay, but if she start some shit, I'm go make it rain gasoline in ha damn front yard."

I laughed. "Bring yo crazy ass on here, and gimme kiss." He got off the car, and pecked my lips.

"Aug, that baby ass kiss."

He smirked, and grabbed my face. I opened my mouth, and he entered his tongue. Remembering where we were, I broke from the kiss. "Come on."

He shrugged. "Wat? You said you ain't want no baybeh kiss."

I grabbed his hand, and we went back into the house. Quincy and Lani were sitting together on the couch watching Good Times. They're cute together and all but, she's playing him. He seems like such a good guy, and she has the audacity to cheat on him. Don't get me wrong, I love my bestie but, what she's doing is wrong.

I led August to a beanbag in the corner of the room, and sat on his lap. I love sitting on his lap. It makes me feel like a baby again.

"Oo...you guys look so cute together. How did y'all meet or whatever?"

Quincy tapped Lani's butt, and slightly laughed. "Jelani, stay out people business," he said.

"I'll tell em' bae. So, we both from Lousiana. We meet on a plane ta come hea. When I first saw her I was like, mannn.. God took his time. We clicked instantly, and hung out fa a while. Next thang ya kno, she my lady," August explained.

I couldn't help but smile. The way he explained things to me in private sounded nothing like that but, there were people around, and they didn't need to here those types of things. "How did you, and Quincy meet?" She never explained this to me, and I was kind of curious.

Jelani got comfortable on the couch, and placed her legs on Quincy. "Well, we met through Chris."

August instantly turned his head toward me with his mouth open. He made a sipping noise with his mouth, and I struggled to hold my laughter. I started smiling like an idiot since I didn't wanna laugh.

"So whatchu sayin is, Chris and Quincy friends?" August, with his petty ass, asked.

Jelani's cheeks turned red. She was gonna get on my ass after this.

"Yeah, we best friends. He's been my best friend since 2nd grade. We grew up together," Chris said.

Awe. That's a damn shame. It's already bad that she's cheating, but with his best friend though? August made another sipping sound.

"Devronica, can you tell August to stop doing that?" Jelani looked nervous. I would be too.

"Well, I gotta head out, see ya tomorrow babe," Quincy said, while getting up from the couch to leave. She followed him outside.

Once we were in the room alone, I punched August in the shoulder. "Boy, what the hell wrong with you? You could've gotten that girl caught. I almost laughed fooling around with you."

"Ha ass need to be caught. She wrong fa dat shit. Cheating on ha boyfriend with his best friend. I hope he catch ha ass, me," he replied.