16.

Aaliyah and Micah in MM

Aaliyah (Jala)

I went up ta my room and dialed Micah's number. I hadn't talked ta him since I last saw him at Desire's house.

He's really upset that I can't tell my parents about him but, that's just how it has ta be for right now.

His phone rang a few times and he finally answered. "Hello?"

"Hey Liyah, I was gon call you," he said.

"And when was that gonna be?" I asked, with a slight attitude.

He sucked his teeth. "Bae, I said I was gonna call you. Let's leave it at that."

I mentally rolled my eyes and sat on my bed. "I wanna stay at your house tonight," I said.

"Yo mama might not let you leave since yo birthday in a few hours."

It was 9:45 pm and my 15th birthday was in a few hours. I really didn't care to stay at home tonight though.

"So? I wanna go. I'm about ta go pack a bag and you can meet me at the corner store by my house."

"Alright. I'll be there at 10," he said, ending the call afterwards.

I packed a few clothes and my hygiene products, not forgetting my curling iron.

After a quick glance in the mirror, I walked downstairs. "Momma, Desire's sister is outside ta pick me up. I'll be back in the morning," I said, kissing her cheek afterwards.

"Be a good girl and happy early birthday," she said, returning back ta what she was doing.

I went outside and jogged ta the corner store. Micah was there and he was coming out of the store with bags in his hand.

I went straight ta his car and waited for him ta get in. I just couldn't go out and hug him in front of everybody. Most of these people know my parents.

He finally got in the car and planted a kiss on my lips. "Hey baby, I missed you," he said.

"I missed you too. What are all those bags for?"

He reached into the bag and pulled out some chips. He handed them ta me. "They're our snacks for tonight. I'm glad I cleaned up before you called me."

I chuckled, opening my bag of chips. I have never stayed at Micah's apartment before. We have spent the night together but, that was at a hotel.

We've never done anything because I wasn't ready for that type of stuff but, the more time I spent with him, is the more time my morals changed.

He put on some music and I started nodding my head. "Today, I met my brother's girlfriend. She's so pretty and chill. She's nothing like that psycho bitch Mercedes."

"What's wrong with Mercedes?" he asked.

"She's fuckin' crazy and she a hoe," I said, looking at him weird.

He laughed and grabbed my hand. "Aaliyah, I really love you."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.