57.

Omniscient

(Continued)

Jose stood on the last step of the staircase and looked between Roni and August. It was shocking to him that she actually came and had the nerve to bring him with her. She just didn't realize how crazy Jose actually was. Little did she know, his plan was to kill the both of them and she had made the task easier. "Hey baby doll," he said going closer to Roni.

"Don't even think about touchin' her," August said, looking Jose up and down.

"You sound dumb. This is my wife. I can do whatever I want to her."

Roni looked at him like he was crazy. She had told Jose multiple times that they weren't together anymore. "Jose, I'm not your wife," she said.

"Well, I haven't seen any divorce papers. Even if I do see them, I won't be signing them."

"You may as well. We are never getting back together. You're psychotic. Where's Asia?"

"You came here to save that bitch after she raped our son? What kind of mother are you?" Jose asked, becoming angry. He definitely didn't understand where Roni was coming from.

Although Roni did come to save Asia, she also came so she could beat some sense into her. "Bitch, don't ever ask me what kind of mother I am. I know what I'm doing. You need to ask yourself what kind of father you are. Trying to kill your children's mother, very good parenting," Roni snapped.

August looked down to see the gun in Jose's hand. All he could do was laugh because he'd be damned if Jose killed Roni, and his baby. "Whatchu gon do with that?" August asked, gesturing to the gun in Jose's hand.

"What are you worried about it for?" Jose asked.

"Cause I kno' you ain't go use it with yo pussy ass."

Roni gave August a side eye. She knew Jose more than August did. He would definitely use it without hesitation. "This is really what you left me for?" Jose asked Roni.

"First off, I left cause you're a damn lunatic. The reason why I'm with August is not any of your business."

Jose chuckled. "You need to chose your words carefully because you're making it worse on your behalf," Jose said in all seriousness.

"You ain't go do shit anyway," August said as Asia limped down the stairs.

Jose raised a brow as the smile grew wider on his face. "If you say so," he said before shooting Asia in the leg.

Roni screamed. She now knew that he wasn't playing any games with anybody. "Oh my god," Asia screamed repeatedly in pain.

August attached Jose, causing a shot sound to radiate through the house. Roni tried running up the stairs to get a spare but someone pulled her leg. She turned her head to see Angel. All she could do was stand there in shock. How could her best friend betray her like that? "I know better than this shit," Roni said, pulling her phone out of her pocket to call the police.

Angel knocked the phone out of her hand and threw it, causing it to break. She had been in on the plan with Jose the entire time. Angel just didn't know that Jose's other plan was to kill August too. She didn't care if he killed Roni. She wanted August all to herself.