Epilouge

5 months later

Omniscient

Roni sat in Angel's rocking chair, rocking him back and forth. He was only a week old, and her and August felt like he was growing up to fast.

He was their first child together and they were absolutely obsessed with him. They considered him a blessing.

"He looks so peaceful," Roni said to August as he watched them

"He should be wore out. All that screamin' he did."

"I love him. He's so strong," Roni said as the memories from the previous months occupied her mind. She was so thankful that Angel had managed to survive considering the fact that she got shit twice.

"I mean, I am his daddy. What you expect?" August chuckled.

She looked up at August with a bright smile. She loved her husband dearly and wouldn't know where'd she'd be without him.

August was more than thankful for her too. She changed him and the way he looked at life. He realized, you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. His love for her never left and never would. He couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

"I love you, August."

"I luh you too, wifey," he said, kissing her lips deeply.

Since Angel had fallen asleep, Roni reluctantly put him in his crib. She loved having him in her arms and hated for him not to be in her presence. "Sleep tight," Roni said, kissing his forehead before leaving the room.

August followed behind her before swooping her up and bringing her into their bedroom. He began to kiss her all over her, trying to see if she would give in.

"Aug, the doctor said 5 more weeks," Roni chuckled.

"Man that's too long."

"You have hands, and there's some lotion in the bathroom. Have a good time," she laughed before leaving the room.

While walking down the stairs, the two musketeers followed behind Roni by crawling. She turned around and began to smile. "Amira and Taylor, are y'all having fun?"

"We hungry mama," Amira said, folding her small arms.

"Yeah. We want pizza," Taylor chimed in.

"Ask daddy to order y'all some food. Go get Kayden and tell him it's time to go."

Roni had been attending therapy with Kayden since he kept having nightmares and flashbacks about what happened to him. He didn't like to talk about it but when he did, it helped a great amount.