23.

Desire in MM

Aaliyah 

Desire entered my room and sat on the bed. "So, where are y'all going tonight?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, he said it was a surprise," I said, lifting up a dress and then throwing it on my bed.

"Mm, that's cool," she said.

She's been acting strange ever since she met Roni the other night. "D, is there anything you need ta tell me?"

"Kinda, but it won't matter."

I sat beside her on my bed. "Nah, tell me."

She took a deep breath and sat up. "I like your brother. I was going to tell him when I seen him the other night until he mentioned something about having a girlfriend. I should've just dated him when I had the chance," she explained.

"Awe, you have a crush on August?" Desire has always denied liking August so, this came as a shock ta me. I kinda felt bad for her because he really loves Roni.

"Yeah, please don't tell him. I don't want him looking at me different."

"Girl, you should've told me this a long time ago. I would've been hooked y'all up."

"Actually, we kinda hooked up already."

I lifted a brow. "And when was this?"

"We had a lil fling when school was in session. He asked me to be his girl but, I was already talking to another guy."

"Oh my gosh, really? Why didn't you tell me any of this? I'm your best friend."

She shrugged and laid back on my bed. I could tell this was really bothering her. "I don't know. It's whatever. He has a girl now so, he isn't worried about me. Have fun on your date. I'll be here when you get back."

Finally picking out an outfit, I went into the bathroom and changed. I fixed up my hair and walked out of the bathroom to find Desire fast asleep.

I sat on my bed and tied up my brown combat boots. My phone went off and Santino's name appeared on the screen. "Hi, are you ready ta come pick me up."

"Yeah, I was calling to tell ya that I'm outside. If you still getting ready, take your time."

"Okay," I said, ending the call afterwards.

I jogged down the stairs and rushed outside to see Santino standing by his car waiting for me. I gave him a hug and he kissed my forehead. "You look cute ma," he said, looking at me.

"Thank you, so do you."

We got into his car and he pulled off. "So, where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise ma," he said, smiling.

"I don't like surprises."

"Well, if you kicking it with me, you gon learn to like em."

"Alright then."

Soon, we pulled into an area surrounded with flowers. We were the only ones there. "Where are we?" I asked, slightly confused.

"A garden," he chuckled, getting out of the car.

I got out of the car with him and he grabbed my hand. "What are we doing here?"

"I wanna show you something," he replied.

He led me down a path that was filled with roses. We came to a stop once I seen a headstone filled with flowers. "Is this your mom?"

"Yeah, she loved flowers. I figured since you wanted to know more about her I'd bring you here."