55.

August
I sat in the chair as Asia and the wedding coordinator, Juliet, discussed her gown for our wedding. I know I should be indulgin' in their conversation but I really wasn't into it. On the other hand, Asia was extremely excited to get the final preps done. She really startin' ta make me feel bad. Everyday my feelings fa her fade more and more. "Babe," she said, pullin' me out of my thoughts.

"Wassup?"

"How does this look?" she asked, holding up a ugly ass dress in front of me.

"Asia, what the hell is that?"

"I picked this out for the bridesmaids. They're gonna look so cute oh my gosh."

"Um, pick somethin' else baybeh. Ion kno' what the hell that is."

"You have no taste," she said, rollin' her eyes.

"Me? Do you see that shit? Try again."

Rolling her eyes once again, she resumed her conversation with Juliet. My phone vibrated in my pocket causin' me ta dig it out. Roni's name appeared, showin' that she was callin'.

Excusing myself from the room, I went outside and answered the call. "Helluh?"

"Baby, I need to talk to you," she said. She sounded like she had been cryin'.

"Roni, you aight? You don't sound too good."

"Imma kill that bitch August. I'm really gon kill that bitch," she yelled through the phone.

"Who?"

I heard Kay mumble something in the background.

"You know, forget about it. What time does the wedding start again?"

"It start at 4. You sho you don't wanna talk about whatever you upset about?"

"I'm fine. I love you," she said, ending the call.

I looked at my phone in confusion as I thought of what Roni could be talking about. Her and Asia haven't seen each other in weeks so I knew she couldn't have done anything.

Meanwhile, I was stressing since the wedding was next week. If I back out now, I wouldn't have to worry about embarrassin' Asia in front of all her friends and family. It just don't feel right. Why should I marry a woman who I'm not in love with?

If anything, I should be marrying Roni. She's been down for me, she's carryin' my baybeh, and I'm in love with her. I don't even kno' why she still fuckin with me since I'm about to get married and shit. I would've been left my ass alone. You can tell she really love a nigga. She's my heaven on earth.