41.

2 days later

August

Roni, Taylor, and I were sittin' down and watchin a movie. Asia was at work which was a good thing because she would always want an argument.

Later on today, I was gonna try ta get Roni ta go get her clothes. We shoulda been had them but, the nigga neva left home. He should be home today but we gon go anyway. Ain't nobody scared of him. "Taylor, ya grandmo comin' ta pick you up in like 5 minutes. You ready?"

"Yeah daddy!"

"Ight, give me and Roni a hug."

She gave us both a kiss and a hug before gettin' up and runnin' ta her room. "You ready ta go get them clothes?" I asked.

"He's still at home," she said, becomin' uneasy.

"Roni, I ain't gon let nothin' happen ta you, ight?"

She nodded before gettin' up. "Aye, you wanna go see ya kids today?"

"Yeah, I miss my babies."

"Jala want you and ya kids ta come stay with her until y'all get settled," I said.

"Okay, I'll talk to my kids about it."
****

Devronica

We pulled up in front of my house. I was nervous the whole way here. Then again, I felt safe since I was with August. "This you?" August asked, referring to my Range Rover.

"Yeah, that's all me. I plan on taking it today."

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yeah, let's go."

I could now walk again with the help of the crutches. When we went to the doctor, I had to get stitches and they gave me crutches.

After walking up the steps, I knocked on the door. Jose came to it and a look of darkness was in his eyes. "I just came to get some of my and my kids clothes," I said.

"That's funny. Now what's the real reason?"

"I came to get my car too."

"What the fuck? Then you brought the nigga that I told yo ass to stay away from," he said.

"Aye boy, don't make me knock yo ass out," August started. "And I advise you ta watch how you talk ta her."

Jose chuckled. "Or what?"

August started to make a move but I stood between them. August was a good fighter but Jose ..he would most likely beat his ass.

I pushed past Jose with August trailing behind me. I ran up to our room and gathered as much of my stuff as I could.

Going into each of the kids' rooms, I did the same. I was finally leaving him and it felt good. Although, a part of me felt lost.

August helped me put my things in my car. I passed Jose to go get on more thing but he stopped me. "Just so ya know, you're making the biggest mistake of your life," he whispered.

"I made that mistake when I married you," I said, jerking away from him.

I got the rest of my things and hopped inside the car. August followed me all the way to Angel's house to pick up the kids. He's such a great person and we should've reunited long ago.

I stepped inside of Angel's house to be greeted by Kayden. "Hey mama," he said, kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby. You got all of you and your sister's things together?"

"Yeah, she's upstairs, asleep."

"I have so much to tell you," I said, before making my way up the steps.

Amira was fast asleep. I picked her up and she immediately woke up. A big smile spread across her face when she saw me. "Mommy!," she said, kissing my arm.

"Hey baby girl

"Hey baby girl. You ready to go with mama?"

"Yes!" She yelled excitedly.

*****

I'm so sorry this is short. I'm tired as hell and wanted to get this up.

This part will be continued.

Excuse mistakes and typos

💍