Chapter 1- Funeral

The rain was pouring as they lowered the coffin into the ground. It was light and Gabe didn't put the umbrella he had over me so my hair started to get wet.

Not that it actually got wet that is. I always had this problem, or as my mom said gift, where I would never get wet unless I wanted to.

I stuffed my hands in my pocket as a single tear dropped down my six year old chubby face. Or at least mom always said it was a bit chubby. Baby fat she called it but that can't be right because I'm not a baby!

Mom.

I stifled more tears that wanted to spills as I watched as they finally lowered the coffin. No. My mother's coffin into the ground.

I closed my eyes letting myself finally get wet. The water going down my hair felt nice. Almost soothing but it didn't stop the pain that was striking my heart.

I flinched as I felt the cold hard hands on my shoulders and cautiously looked up. Gabe, my step-father and now guardian was above me and looking at the graves if it wasn't the woman he married almost three years ago.

I was struck with anger at the fat man but I pushed it aside. No reason to cause him to be angry in public, it would just make it all the more hurtful when we got home.

Sighing I looked away from my mother's grave and down the ways not expecting anyone to be here. Who would want to be in the rain?

But to my surprise there was a man a nice amount away. I couldn't quite make out his features but I could tell he was rich. By his suit and the gold watch on his hand.

I didn't know why the guy was here but everyone lost someone sometime in their life right? Whether from birth to teenage years to an adult. Everyone loses someone. A mother, father, aunt, or uncle. Everyone loses someone.

I looked away feeling like I was invading a private moment but my curiosity was to strong for my six year old body and when I felt Gabe's hand shift away I didn't know what drove me but I started to walk over there.

No one stopped me which was a bit surprising because of my age but I quickly didn't pay to much attention as I approached the man.

No matter how many times mom told me to never approach a stranger my gut always told me if they were nice or not.

I can't explain it but it's like a force telling me it was ok the approach this man. The raining drowned out my footsteps so when I got to the man he didn't hear or see me until I spoke.

"I'm sorry for your lose." I said stumbling over some of the words from my mouth only recently learning what they meant and how I should say them.

The man glanced at me surprised and when he didn't see anyone his size he looked down and found me staring at him with my green eyes. Or as my mom said sea green eyes. Why she was picky with saying sea green I have no idea but I liked it.

"What?" the man asked eyes furrowed.

I looked away from him and looked at the grave a few seconds my head cocked to the side as I tried to say the name outloud.

"Ed-Edward, Ja-Jar-Jarvis? Was that his name. I'm sorry for your lose." I said once more as I tried to say the name in my head but stumbled over the uncommon name.

"It's fine kid." the man said smoothly as he crouched down to my level but I could see the underlying sadness in his eyes even if there wasn't much. He looked like he was trying to hide it and I furrowed my brows.

I pet the man's hand my ADHD trying to distract me but I wasn't letting it, "It's ok to be sad mister. My mom recently passed away." I said and glanced over from where I was original and see that some people were leaving.

The man's face softened a bit but I could still see he was awkward, "I'm Percy Jackson sir." I said reaching for him to take my hand and shake it like I've seen mom do all the time to grown ups.

The guy had a bit of amusement in his eyes and he shook my hand saying, "Tony Stark kid. Why'd you wonder over here now. Wouldn't your father be worried?" he asked

I shook my head, "My dad's lost at sea and Gabe doesn't care where I wander off too." I said not noticing the man eyes harden just a bit.

"He lets you wander around New York a lot?" he questioned and his voice hardened a bit but my six year old mind brushed it off as curiosity when it wasn't.

I nodded a bit not knowing what my words were causing the man, "He once took me to the park and went to get ice-cream. I guess he forgot that I was still there and had to walk all the way back to the apartment." I said remembering Gabe's forgetfulness.

"Is he...forgetful a lot?" Tony questioned.

I frowned because it always seemed like Gabe was always forgetful around me. Like the time in the mall when he said he'd be right back but wasn't.

For an answer I shrugged and froze a second as I heard my name being called near my mom's grave by the voice I know of Gabe.

It was the voice he used when he hurt me and called me names.

I looked to the ground, "I gotta go now." I said sadly but before I could do anything Tony grabbed my shoulder fast but gentle which was surprising and I marveled the difference between his hand and Gabe's.

I looked up at Tony's eyes and he looked a bit shocked when he noticed he stopped me and stumbled over his words clearly out of his place, "Look kid-Percy. If you ever need anyone or someone call me." with that he handed me this business like card that mom always got when she found a sort of company she might've been interested in.

"Thank you Tony!" I chirped and carefully placed the card in the small pocket on the inside of the little suit I was wearing and then sprinted toward Gabe only now realizing how wet I was.

Gabe's hand was on my shoulder again and I curled away from it wishing it was Tony's hand again. He lead me toward the car we had and I looked back at Tony.

I couldn't make out his face but I waved to him. He stood up slowly and waved back cautiously. I felt Gabe's hand tighten and winced.

I wish he was more careful of the bruise that was there. As Gabe practically shoved me in the backseat I sat there and watched through the windows staring at Tony as Gabe drove us back to the apartment.

Anyway, if you haven't noticed this is little Percy (he will age but for now little) meeting Tony Stark. yes there are Greek Gods and Percy is the son of Poseidon. If you have any questions let me know and I will answer them the best I can.