Chapter 21: The Waiting Game

Look how well done that picture is! Also, thanks for 2000 followers it's so awesome!

The flashing lights is what caused me to be nervous as I stared outside the tinted limo windows, "Are you sure about this?" Dad asked resting a hand on my shoulder.

I hesitated but pushed aside the part that wanted me to retreat, "It needs to be done." I said and in my head repeated it is was to get them to stop bad-talking my family, "It's just a little interview." I tried to sound certain and not as scared as I was (ultimately failed for those who wondered).

Taking a deep breath and squeezed dads hand once before moved to open the door, just before I fully opened it, I allowed dad to get out first to draw the attention.

Instantly, flashing of lights increased especially when I stepped out of the vehicle. Swallowing a sudden lump in my throat, I kept my eyes straight and followed dad behind the podium place where we can be at peace for a bit so we can talk a few things over with Pepper.

"We're right here if you need us to explain something that might be difficult or you don't want to answer. Just look at us and we'll take over or draw attention away." Pepper said smoothing my hair and straightening the tie that was strangling me.

"Simple." I said feeling uncertain that it wasn't as simple as it sounded. I allowed Pepper to wipe imaginary dust off my shoulders before I took one last breath and we all went out toward the rows of reporters, the only solace I had was Tony, Pepper, and Happy who was guarding the door and looking at the guest list and ID's.

Almost instantly flashing blinded me before I stood straighter and ignored them, Tony placed his hands on my shoulders and I took comfort in the gesture as I licked my suddenly dry lips.

"My name is Percy Jackson-Stark." I stated as the flashes quieted down a bit, the reporters recorders were thrusted in my general direction trying to extract all my dirty little secrets (which admittedly might only be the fact I have water powers...)

I took a breath and steeled myself into talking more, "I am the son of Sally Jackson and a birth father who was lost at sea. You may have questions on how I have met the man who I am happy to call my dad, Tony Stark as you call him. I met him one day while I was burying my mother..." I started and allowed myself to account some of the small stories, about my abusive stepfather and how Tony was my savior in a world that I thought no more held light.

"...I have lived with him roughly two years now, only celebrating one of my birthdays, my best birthday since I was born really. We can take questions now." I said and felt pleased when there were only a few. So either I totally said something wrong and screwed up or I did something right and they had answers they needed for a story.

The whole event only took an hour shockingly, the only downside was the waiting. It was more than likely that the papers and stories on what has occurred would be out tomorrow, till then nothing.

As soon as we got in the limo I let out a breath that felt like it was constricting me until then, "You did good." dad said giving me a soft smile and allowed me to lean into him, he even wrapped his arm around me.

"I hated it." I mumbled into his side and closed my eyes for a bit.

"You're probably gonna need to get use to it, now that you're a worldwide Stark." dad joked, "As a final day of freedom, let's get ice-cream." he said and Happy took a right toward a ice-cream place that was known for serving us.

"You just want Oreo." I mumbled amused.

"Damn right." Tony said serious and then yelped when Pepper smacked him, "What! Percy can cuss from time to time but I can't! How is that fair?" Tony asked rubbing the arm that was opposite of me as I sat up amused to see Pepper looking sternly.

"And where does Percy learn these words Mr.Stark?" Pepper asked a dangerous glint in her eye as she stared at Tony.

"Uh....Steve?" It sounded like a question and he sunk into his seat a little when Pepper glared at him. I decided to be the best son and point something out.

"Didn't he say 'Language' when you swore during a mission?" I asked innocently and smirked when dad scowled and Pepper's glare grew more dangerous.

"Anthony Edward Stark, we are creating a Swear Jar for each of the Avengers, whoever swears the most will tell me who teaches Percy these words. You will not argue old man." Pepper said her glare tense as she stared into dads soul waiting for him to make a feeble counterargument.

"Why doesn't Percy get one." Dad whinned knowing the Swear Jar for Avengers was a lost cause to argue with, when Pepper had that face, you listen.

"Don't drag me into this." I yelped suddenly nervous, true I learn a few from dad but let's just say, kids at school can actually be very creative and yeah....I was nervous.

"I think it's a great idea." Pepper said turning to look at me with narrowed eye making me want to sweat like she knew my secret.

"We're here." Happy said in a pleasant voice like he didn't hear the undying threat Pepper was making.

Dad and I instantly dove for the handle and got out of the car, we ignored the people staring at the limo we were in (which we probably should've changed out of to go here).

We quickly got away from the threat-holding limo and into the shop where the owner smiled at us and then smirked when he saw us look behind. The shop owner and distributor of the special 'ice of cream' french voice washed over the place, "Pepper is behind you isn't she?" he asked.

We nodded and he quickly got our orders, without any of us saying a word now doesn't that say something for when I visit.

Pepper came into the shop looking like we never had a conversation while Pepper was smiling behind her like he knew exactly what we were thinking and was planning on ways to hold it over on us or tell Rhodey...probably how to tell Rhodey.

It wasn't until we got home that Pepper put the Swear Jar Effect into place, let's just say some people instantly put a few coins in when they found out, yes Natasha swearing in Russian counts. You don't want to know how many words I actually swear in Russian.