Chapter 22: Nightmares

So, there is little Stony (Steve/Tony) happening, but not much just like a mention kinda.

I awoke startled, I wondered what had woken me up in the middle of the night, "Jarvis." I asked rubbing my eyes from the tiredness.

I received no response making me frown, "Jarvis?" I asked a bit more louder and alert, still nothing.

Frowning more I slowly moved my bed to put on the lamp on my bedside, when I twisted the knob the light didn't turn on.

I jumped when rain pattered against windows, I rolled my eyes at my foolishness, it's just a storm.

Nothing more nothing less. Just a storm.

I jumped under the covers of my bed when a flash of light lite my room and the roar of thunder following it.

"Just a storm, just a storm, nothings there." I muttered to myself as fear gripped my heart. The role of thunder making me jump once more and fall out of bed in shock.

Pushing myself off the floor quickly I opened my bedroom door quickly and quickly ran down the hall toward the only place I felt safe.

Calming my racing heart long enough to knock on the door, I pushed it open quickly enough that I just in time for another roll of thunder.

Biting my lip from whimpering at the sound quickly made my way to the other side of the room and shook on my father's shoulder.

"Dad." I whispered urgently, "Dad wake up." I said with a small whimper as the rain pelted the windows. I hated this especially with Jarvis not working.

"Hmm, Percy what's wrong?" Dad asked slightly more awake than before but still looking exhausted.

I didn't say anything as another lightning flashed through the room lighting the place up, I whimpered and heard my dad sigh but didn't complain as he pulled me up onto his bed.

"Storm." He muttered as he cradled me, I closed my eyes and embraced him as I slowly nodded. Thunder was shouting above us.

He sighed softly but not in annoyance or anger, it sounded almost like content, "Love you dad." I muttered feeling myself drift off softly part of me staring at the blue arc reactor that was lighting the room in a slow dull light.

"Love you too." Dad muttered and kissed the top of my head, "Come on, do you want to go to bed or get Hot Cocoa?" He asked and I perked up slightly.

"Hot Cocoa." I said gaining some energy, dad's always calmed me down during storms and it was just nice.

"Cocoa it is, Jarvis?" Tony asked the air which didn't respond.

"I think we have power outage." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Backup power should be on." Dad said with a frown.

"I thought we had to buy new one because last storm used that power." I muttered rubbing my eyes as I followed dad out of his room and toward the stairs.

"Uh, we forgot to order new one. Jar-never mind I can write a sticky." Dad muttered to himself as we made our way to the kitchen.

Dad grabbed the necessary items for Hot Cocoa and before I knew it, we were sipping in the dark playing card games.

"Wha-?" Bruce was about to ask before a yawn took his lips, "What are you guys doing?" He asked sitting down next to us, his hair looking rumbled and looked like he was about to fall asleep in his chair.

"Powers out and there's a storm." I said and whispered dangerously about the storm, they were dangerous and shouldn't be trifled with.

Bruce's corner lips turned upward, "Power Outage?" Bruce asked after thanking Tony for some Hot Cocoa.

"Seems like it, go fish Percy." Tony said making me pull a card from the deck.

"Why are you three up?" Steve asked looking wide awake even though the sun hasn't come up.

"Storm." I muttered trying not to fall asleep against the counter, the warmth from the drink making me extra tired.

"Come on kid." Tony said smiling lightly as he threw his cards on the table.

"Bit I don't wanna." I whined and rubbed at my eyes.

"Sure you don't." Tony said half-heartedly, despite my protests he picked me up enough to set me back on the ground so he could lead me back to bed.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked looking slightly at Tony concerned.

"He doesn't like storms." Tony said smiling lightly as he started to lead me back toward the stairs.

"They're loud." I complained and to emphasis my point, a rather strong thunder went through the sky, enough that I put my hands over my ears.

"Why don't I help." Steve offered looking a bit put out as Bruce seemed to have shuffled back to his room with his hot drink.

"I don't kn-" Tony started but the better have of my brain, the one who had an evil plan about those two, sparked to life, "Yes, please." I looked at dad with puppy dog eyes and he softened.

"Come on Capsicle, are you waiting for a direct invitation? The kid said yes." dad snarked a little as all three of us went upstairs.

I slowly slide into bed as Steve tucked me in and dad went toward my shelf of books, "Nuh-uh, tell me one." I part demanded, part shyly asked.

"I haven't told one in a long time." dad said part muttering to himself but went away from the shelf of books anyway.

"You can help Steve." I said leaning into dad who knew that I was especially cuddly during times of storms.

"Uh, sure." Steve said taking the end of my bed still looking a bit put out but more relaxed.

That night instead of hearing the thunder and pelting of rain, I heard a tale about a female pirate who was the best pirate of the sea who beat The Joker and became the queen of Amazon Princes and soon had a best friend Wonder Woman and Superman.

"Thanks Dad, Papa." I muttered turning over and falling into a deep sleep not knowing what slipped from my mouth, nor the startled looks from Tony or Steve.