Chapter 4- Happy

The only time I woke during the drive was when I heard a door open and close as the car was turned off. Even then I was still out of it until I heard my car side door open and two hands went to my armpits and lifted me up.

I lifted my head up and blinked a lot as I felt my head feels really heavy and saw a small house, "Where are we?" I muttered as I felt the weight from my head drag it back to Happy's shoulder.

"You'll be staying with me for tonight. I have a spare bedroom you can stay in." Happy said softly.

I nodded and shifted my head a bit and then found a nice place for it in his shoulder and closed my eyes still gripping my Nemo.

I heard some keys as they jangled and then I heard Happy putting them into a lock and then a door opening.

keeping my eyes closed until I knew we were in the house when I was hit by a scent that reminded me of my mom's cookies.

"Later buddy." Happy promised me, "Now you should probably get some sleep. In the morning while I check you out you can have some." Happy promised and I nodded even though part of me really wanted a cookie now.

Happy started to head up the stairs some of the floorboards squeaking but we soon made it to the top of the stairs.

Some shuffling later Happy opened a door and I opened my eyes to see a room that was larger than the one I have with Gabe and Happy slowly set me down on the bed.

I wasn't much awake to take in the room because once Happy set me down I lose to gravity and my head dropped onto the pillow not really swift.

I shifted at the awkward angle and soon was near sleep again when I felt tugging underneath me and opened my eyes, "You want covers don't you?" Happy said with amusement.

Sighing I shifted my weight so Happy could get the covers off me and then slowly put them over me, "Thanks." I muttered and was out like a light.

I heard tweeting before I actually woke up and then I felt the different mattress underneath me and frowned.

Opening my eyes and removing the crust from them I sat up, already knowing my head looked like a bird nest I slowly pulled one foot from under the covers toward the floor.

Sadly my feet couldn't touch the ground so when I had my other leg freed from the covers I gripped the bed and slid down my feet effectively touching the ground.

Holding Nemo to my chest I recalled last night and winced as I remembered my side. Finding a small mirror on what seemed to be the closet door I went over to it and lifted my Shark Night Shirt up to see my side that was bruised.

Wincing as I placed Nemo between my legs and started to feel my bruises. Biting my lips as some areas hurt more than others I let go of my shirt and gripped Nemo to my chest once more.

I finally took note of the room and saw a small desk in the corner and a small bedside table. The room was really bare and could use some blue touches.

Nervous about heading downstairs one hand was gripping Nemo the other was playing with my shark pants as I twiddled and got them tangled in my fingers.

I had to let go of my pants to put one hand on the rail as I slowly made my way downstairs still clutching Nemo.

I heard something brewing and this smell that I associated with coffee filled my nose. Mom use to drink it when she was very busy or worked late the night before.

"Hey Percy?" Happy said as he smiled and had the morning newspaper in his hands.

"Morning." I mumbled still a bit dazed and tired.

Happy gave me a smile and got off the chair and crouched to my level, "May I see how you side is doing?" Happy asked and after a bit of deciding nodded and lifted up my shirt again so he could see the bruises.

Happy frowned and carefully checked out the bruises only sometimes they would hurt. He moved away and said, "You can put your shirt down now. Do you go to school?" Happy asked as the brewing stopped.

I nodded and tried to see the time on the oven but ended up being too short and frowned, "What time is it?" I asked with a yawn.

Happy smiled at me, "Around 7." he replied and I nodded, "Do you know what time you're suppose to be in school?" Happy asked

I nodded and got on one of the chairs that were around the table, "Suppos' to arrive 'round 7:45ish. At least that's what mom said." I said rubbing my eyes again trying to get rid of the sleep that was nagging my brain.

Happy nodded and when he asked what school I rattled it off and suddenly I heard a clang and toast jumped out of the toaster.

I tilted my head and only just noticed the eggs that were cooking, "You can cook?" I asked a bit astonished.

Happy just laughed and set a plate of eggs and toast in front of me, "I live alone and rather not eat off if take-out. Believe it or not I do like cooking." Happy teased a bit as I grabbed my fork with some eggs and stuffed my face with it Nemo being ignored as he sat in my lap.

"After breakfast why don't you get dressed and I'll take you to school?" Happy asked and I nodded but then stared at my food a thought coming over me.

"When's Tony coming back?" I asked not staring at him wondering what he told Tony.

Happy sat in front of me and smiled at me reassuring, "I informed him of the situation this morning and he'll try his best to make it five days instead of six or seven. He still has a lot of work to do but I assure you he will be back."

I moved the food around my plate a bit, "he's not mad?" I asked cautiously 'cause that's what it all came down too.

"Never." Happy said reassuring and honest and I nodded still staring at my food and sometimes looked at him from the corner of my eyes as I picked up some more eggs and ate them.

Once my eggs and toast were gone I slid out of my seat and told him I would be right back as I went back upstairs to get ready for the day to come ahead.