Chapter 12- Stranger Danger

When Percy first heard the news about Tony Stark going missing in Afghanistan he was in full denial thinking the public were stupid enough to fall for what the media was saying. That was until the front door opened to reveal on Colonel Rhodey and Happy.

He broke down and ran to Happy who crouched and wrapped the small boy in his arms allowing him to cry on his shoulder.

Happy informed Rhodey who Percy exactly was on the way there and Percy took notice to Rhodey's staring and wide open jaw and buried his head further into Happy's shoulder.

Happy who also noticed Rhodey's staring snapped a finger in Rhodey's  face to get the man's attention and lifted Percy up but not enough to really move the kid away from his shoulder.

Percy was still crying as Happy moved him toward somewhere more private. After a few minutes and a few sniffled later Percy asked in a broken voice, "Is it true?" it came out as a broken whisper.

Happy just nodded not trusting himself to say something and hurt the kids heart. Percy buried his face back in Happy's shoulder and cried but this time silently,.

After a few seconds he whispered, "I wish this was some sick joke." he said and sniffed.

It was a few seconds and he started to pull away from Happy and Happy allowed him knowing the small child needed some alone time.

Instead of going toward his room Percy opened the back door and made his way down toward the beach they overlooked.

His nose stuffed and his face had dried tears on them he made his way down and sat by the rocks. Then he screamed at the water for no reason. As if he blamed some inanimate object because there was no one he could actually blame.

He wanted to blame someone so he blamed the water.

After he was done yelling he broke once more and sat in the sand and cried some more. Burying his face in his arms and pulled his legs closer.

This is breaking me my heart but I'm not sorry for writing this.

It felt longer than it was before his tears were reduced to sniffles and he was exhausted.

"You okay kid?" A male voice asked not to far away.

Percy's head snapped up and his body unknowingly went into a posture of 'I'm about to run away or scream if you get anywhere near my Mr. Sneak Up On The Kid Why Don't You'

The man in question raised his hands like saying, 'Calm down Mr. I'm About To Run Away When I Clearly Didn't Mean To Scare You.'

"Isn't this private property?" Percy asked with narrowed eyes.

The guy clearly faked innocence as he looked around, "Is it?" he asked

Percy didn't buy it for a second, "I'm pretty sure that if you turn around and head back toward the exit in giant red letter it says Private Property." Percy said rolling his eyes but thankfully didn't seem to be crying any more.

The guy turned around a bit and looked at the entrance area with interest, "So that's what it meant. I'm not to big on reading signs and all that. You see people see No Littering signs everywhere and yet they still do it. No biggy I'll just be leaving if you want." The man said and turned around.

Before he could go Percy couldn't hold in the question any longer, "Why are you wearing a two dollar Hawaiian shirt in Malibu?" 

The man turned back to the small boy and let a laugh out. Not the kind that people hold back but rather a full blown belly laugh. It was enough that the guy had to hold onto his knees from laughing.

"One, it didn't cost two dollars. It was free for your information-" The man started

"Well that explains a lot." Percy interrupted and mostly talked to himself rather than the man.

"-Two, this is Malibu. Nice place to live gotta say. Nice waves and nice weather. You should try surfing I think you'll do great." The guy said with this sort of secret message wink that left Percy confused.

"How did you not notice you're in Malibu?" Percy asked the guy not really hearing the rest of what he said, well maybe a bit on the surfing and that was something he would plan for later when Tony-

Percy stopped that train of thought in an instant and focused back on the man once more.

The guy look thoughtful, "Oh you know me. I'm technically everywhere. I'm always moving and never sticking in one place for long. Let's just say I go where the flow takes me." the guy said with mirth in his voice as if he said some sort of inside joke.

"You sound like one of those hippy freaks that are trying to find themselves back in NYC." Percy said confused and utterly confused by the guy in front of him.

The guy just laughed again, "What's your name kid." But the light shining in his eyes it seemed that the man already knew the answer.

"Why would I tell you my name?" Percy questioned crossing his arms over.

"Why not?" The man asked with a shrug all care free and everything.

Percy frowned and narrowed his eyes, "What's your name?" he questioned instead.

"I have many names that I go by." The man said dismissing the question.

He heard Happy call his name from the top of the stairs for dinner and when Percy turned back around to talk to the fellow there was no one and the salty breeze was back.

Shaking his head he raced back up the stairs feeling better than when he came down.