Chapter 18- Percy Meets Bully

Percy's day already started out bad and it seemed to just be getting worse. Has there ever been a day when everything seemed to be against you?

First he woke up late and almost, just almost missed the bus (Happy had to go meet Pepper and actually do his bodyguard job while the Avengers were called out).

So just making it onto the bus still panting a little because he literally ran out the door and didn't stop for the few blocks.

It wasn't that he was tired it was more along the facts that he was still waking himself up and the sudden cold because it was early Fall and the air had a bitter coldness to it didn't help.

Then Jacob trapped him in his seat because the kid just couldn't help but pick on Percy. Especially when he saw that Percy was 'out-of-breath'.

"What is Percy out of breath just from a little jog? If you can't the run maybe you should go back to Preschool and go back to hanging with kids you age." Jacob said sneering.

Percy rolled his eyes, "Why would I hang out with people your age?" he asked his face showing innocence just like his tone of voice.

Percy could tell Jacob was annoyed with him and Percy felt that his day got just a bit better knowing he annoyed Jacob.

Before Jacob could retort the bus stopped and opened the doors as they reached the pristine school. Even when Jacob thinks he traps Percy, Percy surprised him because as the bus stopped he stood on the seat and climbed into the seat in front of him and was off the bus in only a few seconds.

Smirking to himself Percy shouldered his backpack and made his way up getting ready for the upcoming quiz in Language Arts suddenly feeling dread.

Thank god that there were special adults to help when it came to language arts, he was lead away from the classroom and the teacher read out the paragraphs for him and it was bless.

His short lived happiness was just that. Short lived because when recess came around he forgot that Jacob was still annoyed with him.

So, when recess came around and Percy just wanted to be away from everyone and anyone he wasn't allowed when Jacob came up to him all cocky and everything.

"Leave before one of us says something that someone is going to regret." I said not looking up at Jacob and instead focused on a rubix cube that I normally brought (It was better than a blasted skateboard book and it helped him focus and do something for his ADHD).

"Or what?" Jacob said cocky, "you gonna go cry to your mommy. Oh wait, dearest mommy is dead. You'll just have to go to your charity case dad instead."

"At least he chose me. Your family is stuck with you." Percy bit back not interested in the rubix cube anymore.

A small crowd of children gathered  (The adults are very incompetent) and they oohed at the rebuttal.

Percy could tell Jacob was getting mad because his neck was slowly getting red, "At least I have a family." Jacob shot back and smirked when Percy winced.

Taking a breath, Percy calmly said, "I'm going to leave before this goes anywhere else." as Percy swallowed the upcoming anger and did exactly what he said.

However, Jacob wouldn't let it alone, "Is little baby Percy going to go cry back to daddy dearest. Oh wait, your dad left you. Why is it that everyone leaves you. Is it because you stink." Jacob shot back.

Counting backward and slowly relaxing his hands that were in fists Percy turned back toward Jacob and took a breath and calmly said, "At least my father made the effort to be there for me. Where was your father when you have a football game." Percy said slowly and calmly.

The crowd shifted. It was a known fact around the whole school to never bring up Jacob and his absent father and unknown mother.

Before he could exactly react Jacob threw a punch but somehow Percy avoided it even if he didn't count on fists flying.

Before he knew it his arm was pulled back and shot out aiming toward Jacob's nose. 

Percy felt ashamed of himself when Jacob's nose started to bleed. That and his wrist very much hurt along with his hand.

Of course he was sent to the principal's office and Jacob the ever angel of the school was sent to the nurse's office.

Percy cradled his hurt wrist (especially when one of the more strict teachers tried to grab it so she could literally drag Percy to the office) and tried to ignore the sharp pain that was going through it.

At least he could still move it, that gave him relief that he hadn't broken it. He kept his eyes solely on his shoes when he saw that Happy parked the car outside.

He heard the telltale sign of Happy's shoes on the floor and wished that he could disappear. Happy placed his hand on Percy's shoulder making the said boy jump and look up.

Happy gave a reassuring smile and then made his way toward the back with the principal who was most likely going to bend the facts into saying Percy threw the first punch.

Did they even look at the security footage that they have? Then they would've seen that Percy didn't start to whole fight to begin with.

To his shock and surprise Happy came out not angry (well there was distant anger but not on him anyway) and lead Percy out of the school.

"Am I...Am I in trouble?" Percy asked as they walked toward the car.

"The principal told me that you didn't start it." Happy reassured the boy who sank in the seat when they got in the car.

"But?" Percy asked cautiously.

"You're suspended for three days while Jacob is suspended for a week." Happy said and Percy nodded slowly.

Happy finally noticed that Percy was cradling his arm and when asked about it Percy shrugged and said, "It hurts."

Happy frowned and guessed that Percy probably didn't know how to actually throw a punch correctly and instead of the ride being silent Happy called the Stark doctor to see about getting the wrist looked at.

When Happy was done with the phone call there was silence and then he said, "Nice punch by the way." and Percy knew that he really wasn't in trouble especially with the smirk they both had.