Chapter 16- Steve Meet Percy

I know some people might not like Perluke but it's what the fans voted not myself. I'm sorry if you don't like Perluke, but if anything it's dialed down. I know how some people don't like gay couples (something you should try to accept but what do I know). The only thing that wasn't final was Stony and because most are okay with it I'm doing it. 

The other couples mentioned before were what the fans vote went toward. Think of it as politics. You may not like the sudden president but you have to live with it. So, deal with it because it's what the fans voted.

After a day Percy just knew the Avengers were avoiding him for right now and if anything observing him interacting with Tony.

He could see how close the Avengers all were with the little intel he had and he was fine with it. At least two of the Avengers didn't avoid him and that would be Natasha (who've he knew as Natalie) and then Bruce who hanged out in the workshop with him and Tony.

Percy quite liked Bruce, he was the Jam in the Peanut Butter sandwich. Whenever they were in the workshop he would explain something to Percy when Tony was in his zone and it made it so much easier to understand.

Percy was still in elementary school and only really exceeded in Science and History (mostly because of Tony's history stories).

So, having someone explain something more complex to him and the fact he actually got it (it sometimes frustrated Tony how long he may have to explain something but he always waves it off afterward).

But whenever Tony had to explain something and Percy would ask a lot of questions he would sometimes get guilty knowing Tony just wanted to work.

So having Bruce explain something and not get frustrated or show any signs of frustration was great and help boost Percy's acknowledge.

It was one particular day when Steve (who he still didn't really know about other than the whole Captain America stuff) came down and had to drag Tony and him out of the lab because it's been a day and neither have eaten or slept (which is bad the more Percy realizes it)

Happy who was in the kitchen and apparent chief (he was definitely like a butler/bodyguard the more he thought about it) handed them their favorite sandwiches Percy ate his quickly while Tony kept pausing as if he was thinking about something.

Instead of heading back downstairs Percy looked at the couch and silently as Happy if he could take a nap on it.

Happy gave a silent nod and Percy jumped out of the high chair he was in and went toward the couch. Even if there was only a pillow and no blankets once Percy hit it, he was instantly out exhaustion bringing darkness.

When he woke up it was the next morning. Hunger poked his stomach making him actually get up. Not caring if he had bedhead he moved toward the kitchen and noticed that he interrupted a talk from the Avengers minus Tony who was probably still sleeping.

Grabbing a bowl and his favorite cereal he sat down and started eating his food after grabbing a spoon. Sitting at the table he made sure he only looked at his cereal and not at any of them.

After finishing he quickly excused himself and bolted out of there. He entered the common area or as Percy liked to call it, 'his gaming lair.'.

In the common room was a system that could play any game from Playstation to Xbox to even the very old games that are for some reason still around.

Picking up Call of Duty he slide the disk into the game system and picked up the controller. He wasn't too far into the game when Steve entered.

"Sorry." he said taking a seat next to Percy.

"'Bout what?" Percy asked confused but didn't take his eyes off the screen.

"Have to admit that I was staying away from you." Steve said looking like a kicked puppy.

Once Percy died he turned toward Steve with a confused expression, "I get why you were staying away from me. Tony never mentioned me and I'm sure you notice some shift in his behavior. But you don't have to be sorry." Percy said utterly confused.

This time it was Steve's turn to be confused, "I need to apologize because it's not nice to ignore people just because you didn't really know them." Steve sounded so firm on the idea and that made Percy even more confused.

He might not be as social as other kids but no one really ever apologized to him. Well there was Tony and Happy but Percy always waved the apology away.

So to be told that someone definitely had to be sorry and apologize for something that wasn't exactly their fault confused Percy but he just let it slide.

"Doesn't matter." he said waving his hand dismissing the apology altogether, "What matters is that you're talking to me now." he said with a shrug.

"What are you playing?" Steve asked turning toward the game.

"Call of Duty. It's more of a modern game then your time. I'm sure if you look around the place Tony might have some outdated video games if you wanted to play?" Percy said.

"I can try to play this game. Maybe you could teach me more modern things anyway. What's better than to start with video games?" Steve said with a shrug and hesitantly took another controller.

After a thorough explanation Steve got the hang of the game and soon they were playing together.

When Tony finally stumbled out of the lab for more coffee he had a smile on his face when he saw that Steve and Percy were still playing together just on a different game.  

So, some may wonder what the purpose was of this chapter. It's a Steve/Percy bonding chapter and the team getting to know Percy just a bit more.