Chapter 27: Luke Castellan

When I first met the sixteen year old (Originally in the book he was 19 but I felt for the pairing maybe 12 and 16 might be better for some peoples morals) he was a bitter teen who hated all the gods and had no real family outside of camp.

But when I went to camp wearing summer clothing and acted like it was totally normal for a person to cross the border already knowing how to defend himself was completely normal.

Let's just say I had a lot of fun messing with people by acting clueless to some degree (especially to some of the Athena kids who sometimes acted like know-it-alls).

It was during that part of the prank that Luke took me under his wing and showed me around the camp. Especially when I did get claimed and people started to avoid me more than welcome me.

He once told me while we were out past curfew and on the beach that he took me under his wing because 'I had a lot of potential he didn't want to see wasted'.

It was also during one of those nights that he once ranted to me about the gods. Now, I knew he didn't like them. To a degree I don't either especially with their laws, but I had a large debate with him about why they have to act like they do.

It would be very dangerous for a god to have complete contact with their child. Mostly because monsters smell demigod blood because it contains god DNA.

Meaning, if a god was in contact with their kid for so long, their scent would rub onto their child and then monsters would attack them more because of it.

So, technically, the gods are actually saving their children more time to learn how to defend themselves by staying away for so long. 

Though, the whole 'no-visiting-their-children-at-camp' was completely stupid. Especially since the whole camp was protected by a barrier that kept monsters out.

But then again, there was the scent problem. If the barrier ever did fail, then there would be a large amount of god and demigod scent in once place. A monsters buffet basically.

I think after that debate, I somehow broke Luke out of hating the gods as much as he use to. I don't know exactly how I did it. But I once saw him arguing with Ethan Nakamura about something that ended in a small duel which Luke won and left a scowling Ethan behind.

It was also that day that I felt like Fate was mad at me (mostly because these unlucky, non-life threatening things kept happening to me-stabbing my toe into a table, waking up late, almost stabbing myself with my sword, almost dropping my sword during a practice duel, etc.).

However, it was also after that day that I gained an ally for life and after. Always by my side, and I by his. We were best friends and more. I don't know how I would've lived with how many dangerous adventures I went on without his help (well and Annabeth and Grover but mostly Lukeyboy).