Chapter 2- Ice-Cream

It was four days after the funeral of my mom when I started to play with the card that Tony gave me. I've been thinking about it for days if I should call him or not.

I just didn't want to be too much and he might be working. I sighed and continued to fiddle with the card in my hand.

On one hand if he didn't want to go out then there's that. Sighing I crept out of my so called room and down the hall. Thankful that Gabe was passed out drunk on the couch.

If he found out what I was doing...I mentally shivered and felt the bruise on my stomach that I got pretty much after the funeral for going off and talking to someone they had no business talking to.

I reached up as high as I could to the wall phone and only the tippy tips of my fingers could reach. Exhausted and tired I dropped down on my heels and looked around the room for another solution.

Spotting one of the chairs Gabe's uses for Poker I went toward it and did my best at lifting it up only have to stop a couple of times to regain my breath.

Setting the chair down I climbed onto the chair and reached for the phone again. Smiling as I could finally get it off I pulled it toward me and watched as the cord came along with it.

Peeking over at Gabe to make sure he was still asleep I did my best with punching the numbers before putting it against my ear.

I heard it ringing and felt my nerves come back. What if he didn't really want to see me? Did he even remember me?

"You have dialed Mr.Stark's Line. I'm his assistant Pepper Potts who is this?" A female voice went through the line and I felt some worry come back.

"I-is Mr.Stark there? Tell him Percy's asking for him?" I asked my voice squeaking with nerves. I could tell the woman was stunned at how young I sounded and I could practically hear her curiosity but she didn't ask me any questions other than saying, "One moment daring okay?" in a kind and gently voice.

I heard heels clicking on the line and peeked over at Gabe to make sure he hasn't moved. He only seemed to have shifted but it still freaked me out a bit but I really wanted to meet with Tony.

Something just drew me to him and he seemed really nice at the graveyardy thingy mobob. Whatever it was actually called I didn't pay much attention to the name.

I heard a door open on the line and focused back to it. The woman's voice called out, "Mr.Stark a child's named Percy has called." I thought she was frowning by her tone of voice but he couldn't be sure.

There was some clanging and what sounded like wielding but I couldn't be sure because it suddenly stopped, "Percy?" A male voice, more distant than the female asked.

I couldn't tell what happened other than shuffling and some whispered voices and then I heard Tony's voice on the line and my shoulder's relaxed, "What's up bud?" Tony asked and I felt as if knew Tony was smiling.

"Not much." I said shifting a bit not really knowing how exactly I wanted to go see Tony.

Tony seemed to know what was in my head because he shortly said, "Wanna go get some ice-cream?" he asked his voice sounded a tad muffled for a second as if cloth was covering his face but it went back to normal quickly.

My excitement grew, "That sounds awesome!" I said excited but then dropped in a moment, "but you don't have to." I said a bit awkwardly not really wanting Tony to spend money on me.

"It's no problem kid." Tony said and I couldn't help but relax, "Why don't you tell me your address and I'll come pick you up?" Tony asked over the line.